Note: if you are not interested in the detail and just want to schedule Instagram posts and stories, click here to start using an Instagram scheduler for free.
Instagram still has no native feature to allow you to schedule Instagram posts. Users are still restricted from uploading posts one at a time from their phone.
Like anything, however, workarounds have emerged. Many 3rd-party tools have emerged to allow you to schedule Instagram posts for days, weeks, and even months ahead.
To make the process of choosing the best Instagram scheduler for your needs, we put together a list of the best Instagram schedulers around.
However, before we get to the list (or just skip to the list below), read the quick section below to learn the huge benefits of using a scheduler in the first place.
Here you are going to read about:
Why Schedule Instagram Posts?
When using an Instagram scheduler, you can:
Schedule Posts From Your Desktop
but if there is one thing that it lacks, it is the native ability to upload your posts from your desktop. This is especially annoying if you are creating your content with devices other than your phone. If you want to upload posts created by non-phone devices, you first have to transfer your file to your desktop, then you have to transfer it to your phone, and only then can you upload it to Instagram from your phone.
If you’re creating and posting content on the daily, these extra steps can get annoying real quick. With an Instagram scheduling tool, you can get rid of these extra steps. You’ll still have to transfer your files to your desktop if you’re using a non-phone device, but instead of having to transfer the file to your phone, with an Instagram scheduling tool you can just drag and drop your posts from your computer to the scheduling tool.
You Can Post When You Wouldn’t Otherwise Be Able To
Outside of just convenience, being able to schedule your posts on Instagram ahead of time also allows you to post at times when you wouldn’t otherwise be able to. This is helpful if, for example, you are going on a week vacation and don’t want to be bothered to handle your Instagram every day. With an Instagram scheduler tool, just create the content ahead of time, schedule it for the days when you’ll be away, and you’re good to go.
Conveniently Schedule Posts For Times When Your Audience Is Most Active
A third benefit of using an Instagram scheduling tool is that you can conveniently schedule your posts at times that you know are bound to produce the most engagement from your audience.
This requires you to monitor the performance of your posts over a period of time (a month, for example), which you can do manually or with the help of a tool like Iconsquare.
9 Free Tools to Schedule Instagram posts
In the following you will get to know free tools to schedule Instagram posts and also some Instagram schedulers with free trial.
Think of AiSchedul as a sort of “all in one” suite when it comes to scheduling Instagram posts and stories and managing other aspects of Instagram content.
Features of AiSchedul
- Schedule any type of content on Instagram
- Schedule Instagram posts and stories on desktop
- Repost and schedule Instagram posts and stories
- Schedule Instagram posts for deletion
- Schedule Instagram posts of multiple accounts
Schedule Any Type of Content on Instagram Using AiSchedule
AiSchedule lets you schedule any sort of content on Instagram and it has no limit.
With AiSchedule you can schedule Instagram posts, stories, video posts, and multi-photo posts.
Put a Link in the Instagram Story and Schedule It
Not all Instagram schedulers let you put a link in the story before you schedule it. But AiSchedul does.
Schedule Your Instagram Posts and Stories on Desktop With AiSchedule
With AiSchedule you can schedule your Instagram posts regardless of your device. No matter if you are an android, iOS or Windows user. You can schedule your Instagram posts with no issue.
Repost and Schedule Instagram Posts and Stories With AiSchedule
With AiSchedule, you can find viral posts on Instagram, schedule, and then repost them.
Note: Make sure you ask for their permission before you schedule and repost their Instagram posts.
Schedule Instagram Posts for Deletion
You not only can schedule Instagram posts but also you can schedule their deletions.
Why Would I Schedule my Instagram Posts for Deletion?
If you wanna give discounts to your followers or wanna do giveaways on Instagram and dedicate a post to it temporarily or such events with a deadline, you can schedule your Instagram posts for deletion.
Schedule Instagram Posts of Multiple Accounts With AiSchedul
Sign up in AiSchedule for free and schedule Instagram posts of multiple accounts.
Pros of AiSchedul
- Even the free version of AiSchedul has no limits in scheduling Instagram posts. You can schedule even multiple-photo and multiple-video posts.
- You can write a caption while you schedule your Instagram posts on Instagram.
- AiSchedul schedule Instagram stories
- AiSchedul even put URL in Instagram stories
- AiSchedul finds the best hashtag for your Instagram posts
- AiSchedul schedule your Instagrams posts to publish when your followers are most active
Cons of AiSchedul
- AiSchedule is a free tool to schedule only Instagram posts
- Poor UI
How to Start Scheduling Using AiSchedul
Due to the poor UI of AiSchedul, we explain how to sign up in AiSchedul.
2. Go to the dashboard and click Add Instagram Account
3. Enter your information and click on Next
4. Enter your password and tap on the Submit button
5. From here, scheduling your post can be accomplished in 5 steps:
- Write your caption to make your post catchy
- Add your hashtags (your hashtags will be posted as a comment to make your caption look cleaner and increase post engagement)
- Choose the date and time you want to share your post (or check the box to “Post Immediately”)
- Choose which accounts you want your post to be posted on (you can schedule the same post for multiple Instagram accounts)
- Finish schedule by clicking the “Schedule Post” button
if you are interested, TRY IT FOR FREE NOW!
(See the video below to see AiSchedul in action)
Later is an Instagram scheduler tool that formerly was called Latergramme. Although Later is a free tool to schedule Instagram posts, it has a paid version for those who seek more.
If you want to give Later a try, the primary benefit is that you can start for free with up to 30 scheduled posts a month. This means that you have some time to test things out before committing fully. However, this doesn’t include video, which is a paid option only. Another nice thing about Later is that it has a preview function that not only lets you see what your future post will look like but how your entire account will look like afterward. This is great to keep things from getting too repetitive.
Later Has Two Versions to Schedule Instagram Posts
- Free Plan of Later
- Paid Plan of Later
Free Plan of Later
It is crystal clear that the free version of an Instagram scheduler has limits comparing paid versions. So Later is no exception. But who knows? The free version might suffice you.
Features of Free Plan of Later- Free Instagram Scheduler
- Schedule posts of one social media platform
- Capability to schedule Instagram posts on desktop
- Analytics of free plan Later
Schedule Posts of One Social Media Platform with Free Plan of Later
Later is not just an Instagram scheduler tool. Instagram aside, with Later, you can schedule your posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Although, there are limits in the number of posts you can schedule with Later.
Number of The Posts You Schedule with Later in each Platform
As I said earlier, with Later, you have limits to schedule posts on each mentioned social media platform.
With Later, you can schedule up to 30 Instagram posts per month for free.
Using the free plan of Later, you can schedule up to 50 tweets.
The free plan of Later enables you to schedule up to 30 posts per month.
Schedule up to 30 posts per month with the free plan of Later.
Schedule Your Instagram Posts on Desktop Using Free Plan of Later
Using the free plan of Later, you can link the mobile app and desktop app together.
Analyze Your Instagram Posts with Free Plan of Later
Later not only schedule your Instagram posts but also lets you have access to its basic analytics.
Pros of Free Plan of Later
- It is free.
- Later lets you link the Instagram mobile app and the Instagram desktop app together. So you can upload something to the desktop media library and access it from the mobile app, and vice versa.
- The free plan of Later suits small businesses.
Cons of Free Plan of Later
- The free plan of Later lets you schedule your posts only in one platform.
- The free version of Later does not allow you to schedule video posts at all.(To schedule video Instagram posts for free, sign up in AiSchedul)
- The free plan of Later does not suffice large businesses.
- You can not schedule your posts more than mentioned limits.
- Analytics of Later in the free version is so primitive.
Paid Plan of Later
Although I am supposed to talk about only free tools to schedule Instagram posts, I could not talk about Later excluding its paid plan. So here we go!
Pricing of Paid Later
Depending upon the services you receive, you face 3 sets of pricing.
- $9 per month
- $20 per month
- $30 per month
Features of Paid Later-9$ Per Month
- You can schedule posts of one platform only
- You can schedule Instagram video posts
Schedule Posts of One Platform with Paid Later-9$ Per Month
If you pay Later to schedule your posts you still are limited to only one platform. But in the paid version the number of the posts you can schedule on each platform has been increased compared to the free plan.
Instagram-9$ Per Month
With the 9$ plan of Later, you can schedule up to 100 Instagram posts.
Twitter-9$ Per Month
With 9$ per month, you can schedule unlimited tweets.
Facebook-9$ Per Month
Schedule up to 100 posts with 9$ using Later.
Pinterest-9$ Per Month
With 9$, Later allows you to schedule up to 100 posts.
Schedule Instagram Video Posts Using Later-9$ Per Month
In the free plan of Later you were not able to schedule Instagram posts. But with 9 dollars per month, you are allowed to do so.
Analytics of Later-9$ Per Month
With 9$ per month, Later lets you have access to pro-tier analytics.
Features of Paid Later-20$ Per Month
With 20$ per month, Later lets you enjoy the features that were mentioned earlier with one extra difference. In this version of Later, you can schedule up to 250 Instagram posts per month. Plus you can schedule posts of two Instagram accounts.
Features of Paid Later-30$ Per Month
If you pay 30$ per month, you can use the mentioned features also;
- Schedule posts of 3 platforms
- Schedule posts of 3 accounts
Schedule Posts of 3 Platforms with Later-30$ Per Month
Later allows you to schedule posts of 3 platforms. No need to mention that platforms are Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
How Many Posts Can You Schedule on Each Platform?
If you pay 30$, you can schedule unlimited posts on each platform.
Schedule Posts of 3 Accounts Using Paid Later- 30$ Per Month
Using the 30$ per month version of Later, you can schedule posts of 3 accounts.
Cons of Paid Plan of Later
- Later is a traditional Instagram scheduler
- Pricing and features are too complicated for buyers
- Later does not allow you to schedule Instagram stories (To schedule Instagram stories for free, sign up in AiSchedul)
Buffer has been a favorite for social media managers for a long time, due to the fact that it combines the ability to schedule posts across multiple platforms, Instagram included. One thing that sets Buffer apart is the fact that it also provides analytics data on your pages. This is great if you want to see how your new campaign is going, or potentially see why your social media efforts may be working on Facebook, but not on Instagram.
- Free plan of Buffer
Pros of Buffer
- Buffer covers Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and Instagram
- Buffer is compatible with Android and iOS
Cons of Buffer
You can not schedule your Instagram posts on the desktop (To schedule your Instagram posts from any device, sign up here for free)
OnlyPult is not a free app but it has seven days of free trial. This scheduler is only for Instagram.
Because it is designed only for Instagram, it provides many advanced features that other apps don’t offer.
You can schedule multi-photo posts, as well as Instagram stories. You can also post your hashtags as a “first comment” rather than in the post description.
It has a free 7-day plan and a paid plan. The paid plan costs 10.50$ per month. During the trial, you can schedule as many posts as you want.
- 10$ per month
- $17 per month
- $34 per month
- $55 per month
Pros of OnlyPult
- You can schedule Instagram stories on Instagram
Cons of OnlyPult
- OnlyPult is not a free tool to schedule Instagram posts
5. Zoho Social
ZohoSocial is not a free tool to schedule Instagram posts but it has 15 days of free trial.
Moreover, Zohosocial is a complete content scheduling platform.
You can manage and schedule all of your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram) in one place. You can also set it up so that you can collaborate with your social media team.
It provides a 15-day free trial and an affordable paid plan at $8.33 per month. With the paid plan, you can manage one social media account for each platform. You are also limited to 350 scheduled posts per month.
Pricing of ZohoSocial
- $8.33 per month
Pros of ZohoSocial
- ZohoSocial covers Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram
- Zoho is not free but it is affordable
Cons of ZohoSocial
- ZohoSocial is not a free tool to schedule Instagram posts
IconSquare is not a free tool to schedule Instagram posts.
In addition to being able to schedule Instagram posts, with Iconsquare you can also schedule posts for Facebook.
It is a tool that provides a nice and easy-to-use visual calendar. You can also save popular hashtags and captions so that you can reuse them in future posts.
The tool’s main feature is its detailed analysis. It provides detailed analytics for your posts and generates reports that you can follow for better audience engagement.
You can also spy on your competitors for insights and tactics that you can implement into your own Instagram strategy.
It has a free plan of 14 days, after which you have to sign up for a paid plan at $29 per month.
Pricing of IconSquare
- $29 per month
- $39 per month
Pros of IconSquare
- With IconSquare you can also schedule your Facebook posts
Cons of IconSquare
- IconSquare is not a free tool to schedule Instagram posts
Hootsuite is not a free tool to schedule Instagram posts but it has 30 days of a free trial.
Hootsuite is similar to Iconsquare. It is a complete social media management tool that you can use to schedule posts for all social media platforms like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Instagram.
It has a very useful feature that allows you to save other posts you see so that you can repost them on your own page.
Hootsuite also provides a detailed analysis of scheduled content (Likes, comments, time of engagement, etc.).
You can signup for the free plan and enjoy 30 days free. The most affordable plan after the 30 days is $29 per month.
Pricing of Hootsuite
- $29 per month
- $99 per month
- $499 per month
Pros of Hootsuite
- you can schedule posts for all social media platforms like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Instagram
Cons of Hootsuite
- Hootsuite is not free
Crowdfire is an automated tool for scheduling posts on social media platforms.
Like many other management tools, it can be used across most major platforms including Facebook, Twitter, etc..
A useful feature offered by Crowdfire is automatically optimizing your posts to best fit with each individual social platform.
You can also schedule video posts, as well as to measure how active your audience is.
This tool has a free plan that limits you to 10 scheduled posts. After this, the most cost-effective plan is $7.48 per month. With this plan, you can schedule 100 posts, and you get access to analytics.
Pros of CrowdFire
- CrowdFire lets you schedule your Instagram posts to publish at the best time so that you get the most engagement
- CrowdFire is compatible with Android and iOS
Cons of CrowFire
- CrowdFire suggests hashtags for your posts but most of them are irrelevant (schedule your Instagram with adequate suggested hashtags for free)
With CrowdFire, you can not schedule your Instagram posts on desktop (To schedule your Instagram posts on the desktop for free, sign up in AiSchedul)
PostCorn is not a free tool to schedule Instagram posts but it comes with 7 days of the free trial.
Postcron is a platform that is used to schedule content for all social media profiles.
It offers a bulk uploader that allows you to upload 1000 posts at once. You can even watermark all the images.
It provides a free plan that allows you to schedule 10 posts. After the free plan, you can upgrade to a paid plan at $8 per month.
Pros of PostCorn
- With PostCorn you can schedule posts of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
Cons of PostCorn
- PostCorn is not a free Instagram scheduler
Since Instagram hasn’t introduced an official post scheduler, there are many 3rd party apps to help you do so. try using any of the tools above and schedul your posts with anyone which servs your needs best.
Know of any ways or tools to help schedule Instagram posts? Please share in the comments below! 😉