Keeping your Instagram account should indeed be one of your primary concerns. Especially if you have lots of Instagram followers and there’s the potential to monetize your account. Or you may use numerous Instagram hacks to boost your account’s visibility. In any case, it’s important to keep our accounts secure and ensure you’re safe while using any special tricks. The simplest way to guarantee account security is knowing how to change Instagram passwords.
One of the most significant factors to maintain security is to do an Instagram password reset regularly. These simple precautions can help you avoid trouble, and protect yourself from hackers. This article will point out detailed ways to reset your Instagram password from different devices. Moreover, we will show you how to give your account extra protection by activating the two-factor authentication feature on Instagram.
So let’s jump in to find out how to change your Instagram password.
You may be interested in: Best Unfollow Apps for Instagram 2021
How to Change Instagram Password While Logged in
In this section, we will give a step-by-step guide on how to change your Instagram password while you have your password. If you have lost your account completely or you have no longer access to your account for some reason, don’t fret! There are always ways to recover your Instagram account. But for now, let’s assume that you know your current password and you can safely log in to your account.
#1 Change Instagram Password From Desktop
To reset your IG password from your PC, you have to use Instagram’s web application. The first step is to open your browser and Login to Instagram. After you’ve logged in, please take the following steps to change your password.
- On the top right of your browser, click on the little profile picture icon.
- Choose Settings.
- In the settings menu, click on the Change Password tab.
- Now all you have to do is to fill the required fields as in the image below.
- Click on the Change Password button. And you will be able to log in with your new password immediately.
You may be interested in: How to Mass DM on Instagram [+Free Instagram Bulk Message Sender]
#2 Change Your Instagram Password on Your Phone
We have already explained how to change your Instagram password from your browser using your PC. In this section, we will show you how you can do the same thing on your smartphone, as it is not always possible to have access to the Instagram web service. So keep reading. To change the Instagram password on your iPhone or Android, please take the following steps.
- Open the Instagram application on your phone,
- At the right bottom of your screen, tap on the little profile picture icon.
- On the top right of your profile, click on the hamburger icon (three parallel lines)
- Choose Settings.
- Go to the Security section.
- Choose the Passwords option.
- Complete the required fields as in the image below and tap on the Save button.
You may be interested in: How to Mass Delete Instagram Posts in 5 Simple Steps
Reset a Forgotten Instagram Password
There are many cases where you have forgotten your Instagram password, and you want to retrieve it. So the steps above are not possible because you cannot log in to your account. In this section, we will give an in-depth explanation of how to change your Instagram password when you’ve lost it. You can request a new password on your login screen. Here is how:
- Open the Instagram application on your phone.
- On the login screen, under the Login button, click on the Get help signing in.
- Select the recovering method which is most suitable for you.
There are three ways to recover your Instagram password.
- Use your Email address: If you have access to the email address associated with your account, you can ask for a recovery link. In this case, Instagram will send the link to your email address.
- Send an SMS: If you have already saved your phone number on your Instagram account, you can receive your recovery link on your phone via SMS.
- Reset Using Facebook: If you have linked your Instagram account to your Facebook account, you can change your Instagram password by logging in to your Facebook. This is only possible if you have access to your Facebook account at the moment. If you have linked multiple Instagram accounts to your Facebook, the latest will be recovered.
- If you have asked for a link, follow the link, and then you will be able to set a new password for your Instagram account. Confirm your new password and get back to your account immediately!
- Also, if you have chosen the Facebook option, you have to log in to your Facebook and then follow the on-screen instruction until you are safely logged in back to your Instagram account!
You may be interested in: Best Instagram Giveaway Picker and Contest Apps in 2021
Two Factor Authentication
Instagram’s security services are not restricted to passwords. You can also set up two-factor authentication to control your account logins. This feature is available to everyone, and it is highly desirable for active Instagram users. Instead of changing your password regularly, you can set up your security settings to get a security code each time you log in to your account from a new device. In the following, we will give a step-by-step guide on how to enable this handy feature.
- Open your Instagram account on your phone and tap on the profile picture icon.
- On the top right of your screen, tap on the hamburger icon(three parallel lines).
- Choose Settings.
- Go to the Security section in your settings.
- Tap on the Two-factor Authentication option.
- Tap on the Get Started button.
At this stage, you have two options. One of them is to have the code via SMS on your phone, and the other is to use a third-party application. If you haven’t got any, Instagram suggests a few, like Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile. And having third-party assistants and Instagram tools are always useful for those who wish to run their accounts like a pro.
To avoid losing access to your account and especially your precious Instagram followers, you must be familiar with Instagram password reset. Changing Instagram passwords regularly is one of the most efficient and simplest ways to protect your account against unwanted hackers. Besides, there are times that we forget our Instagram password. In this article, firstly, we explained different aspects of the matter and easy steps to change Instagram passwords from different devices and for various reasons. Then, we introduced the two-factor authentication feature. If you had any issues with the above statements, please feel free to contact our highly professional support team. They are always more than willing to answer your questions.