So, it’s been a while now that you’ve been working on your jewelry making project, and your hard work has finally paid off! After hours of training and mixing and matching gems and beads, you’re now ready to sell your precious pieces of wearable art on Instagram. Hats off to you for your hard work and determination! Now, if you’re looking for ways to get your art noticed on Instagram, look no further. In this article, you will first learn how to set up a lucrative Instagram shop. Then, you’ll get some tips on how to run your Instagram jewelry profile. Follow our instructions carefully, and we assure you that you will be able to sell jewelry on Instagram with great ease.
Is It a Good Idea to Sell Jewelry on Instagram?
With over half a billion active daily users, Instagram offers you and your art an unbelievable chance to be seen. Instagram’s popularity gives it an edge over Etsy or similar websites/apps that offer you a platform for selling your artwork. On the other hand, unlike Etsy, Instagram was not specifically made for making sales. For sure, this can make it hard to sell art on Instagram. However, by opting for the right strategy, you can find the best way to make use of Instagram as if it was your own personalized shop. Read along to find out more about your options and necessary tips.
How to Set Up Your Jewelry Shop on Instagram
The most important step that you need to take when trying to sell jewelry on Instagram is setting up your shop. As you know, Instagram doesn’t allow you to share clickable captions or add more than one link to your profile. This can make the process of selling products online a little tricky. To solve this issue, you can either try Instagram Shoppable Posts or customize your bio link to build your own Instagram shop. Read along to learn more about each of these methods.
Instagram Shoppable Posts for Businesses
Shoppable Instagram posts allow you to add a price tag to your feed posts and stories. When your followers tap on a product they’re interested in, they will be directed to the checkout page. There, they can make the payment and complete their purchase.
To set up the shoppable Instagram feature, you first need to make sure that you have all the requirements for setting up your jewelry shop on Instagram. This means you should:
- Have an Instagram business account
- Have a business that is located in a supported market
- Comply with Instagram’s merchant agreement and commerce policies
- Connect your Instagram to a Facebook page
- Connect your business account to a Facebook catalog
So, even before thinking about using this feature on Instagram, make sure you connect your Instagram page to Facebook and create an appropriate Facebook catalog. This might take some time, but it will be worth the result.
Steps to Setting Up Your Shoppable Instagram
After you’ve successfully connected your Instagram shop to Facebook, all you need to do is to
- Go to your profile and tap on the setting.
- On Business Settings, find Shopping.
- Here, choose which shop on Facebook you want to connect to.
- Now you can link the photos of your beautiful artwork to the appropriate item of the Facebook catalogue. Congratulations! You have successfully established an Instagram shop to sell jewelry on Instagram.
Although Instagram shoppable posts are a good choice for people trying to sell jewelry on Instagram (or anything else for that matter), if your business is not in one of the supported areas, you won’t be able to use this feature. Moreover, the fact that it’s mandatory to connect to a Facebook page and create a catalogue there can make the whole process a bit difficult. For an easier option, you can try using a customized bio link.
Sell Jewelry on Instagram with AiSchedul (for Everyone)
What if we told you that there’s actually a way to let you add links and price tags to your Instagram posts, even without a qualified business and for free?! You can also connect URLs to your Instagram stories (even without being verified) and multiply the URLs in your bio! And what if we told you that doing this is really easy and will take you only a few clicks? All these, and so much more is possible when using AiSchedul.
How to Use AiSchedul Bio-Link
AiSchedul’s All-in-one Bio-Link tool allows you to connect your bio, feed and stories to external URLs of your own shop or the checkout page and boost your jewelry sales. You can also use it to connect your Instagram bio to all your other social media, blog, website and any other sources you have. All you need to do is to follow the simple instruction below.
- Sign in to AiSchedul and go to your dashboard. If you don’t have an account yet, sign up for free.
- On your dashboard, click on Bio-Link.
- Next, claim your URL. This link will appear on your Instagram bio, and will lead people to a page with a similar format like the one below:
Here, you can add as many tabs and linked pages as you want. In fact, you can use this feature on Instagram to win an Etsy market place, and so much more.
- On your specified bio page, you can add URLs to your Instagram by clicking on the paperclip under the thumbnails; this means that you can add a purchasing link directly under your posts. Never before has it been this easy to sell jewelry on Instagram!
- Another amazing feature here is that for each post, you can add price tags, too. This video gives you clear instructions on how to use this great tool on AiSchedul.
- And Voila! You’ve successfully set up a smooth Instagram shop to sell your beautiful works of art wherever you are.
Now that you have learned how to set up a shop to sell jewelry on Instagram, it’s time to learn how you can manage your Instagram account to attract more people to your page and work.
How to Attract People to Your Instagram Page
In order to run a successful jewelry shop, it’s crucial to get the attention of the potential buyers and lead them to your shop. As you know, getting noticed in the sea of daily posts and stories on Instagram is not that easy. However, although difficult, learning to attract followers on Instagram who will end up being loyal customers is doable. Here are four tips and tricks for attracting people and potential customers to your page.
The number one rule of being seen on Instagram is to post consistently. You need to have an active presence on your followers’ feed so that you can be seen and recognized. We know, however, that posting regularly can be a little bit overwhelming. To make things simpler, you can schedule and manage your posts beforehand. For this, you can use Facebook’s Instagram Creator Studio or choose an Instagram scheduling app like AiSchedul that takes care of scheduling and other Instagram management needs.
Use Hashtags Wisely
As you know, hashtags are Instagram’s method of choice for categorizing the content. By using appropriate hashtags, you will come up on Instagram’s search engines. This is why you need to choose your hashtags in a way that would attract a target audience on Instagram. In your case, this would be hashtags that would bring potential jewelry buyers to your page.
To find the best hashtags, you need to pay attention to three types of accounts:
- Your followers: Observe what hashtags they use, and what kinds of hashtags they seem to be attracted to. This gives you a chance to attract more like-minded people to your jewelry shop.
- Your rivals: Carefully watching your rivals’ hashtag strategy is a great way to get the attention of their customers, and hopefully convert them to yours!
- Jewelry Influencers: The third group of people you need to pay attention to is the Jewelry influencers. Don’t forget, they have gained so many followers because they’re playing the Instagram game right. And as you’re well aware, a big part of this game is the hashtag strategy. When trying to sell jewelry on Instagram, make sure to look up to these influencers for inspiration. If you’re not familiar with any, here are a number of jewelry designers you can check out:
Anita Berisha: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAp7ycclXzY/
Delfina Delettrez: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAx2LfUHd0a/
Georg Jensen: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAp1UTvCNMH/
Post Interactive Content
Interactive content allows your followers to engage with your page and feel like a part of a community. This is exactly what changes a random indifferent viewer to a loyal fan, and those are exactly the type of people who can bring even more customers to your jewelry shop. To make your followers feel this sweet sense of belonging, you can hold FAQs, interview them, ask them questions, and so much more. We believe, however, that the most effective type of interactive content is User-Generated-Content, or UGC for short.
UGC can come in many different forms and shapes. For example, you can share a happy customer’s comment or tweet on your work as @Curology does often:
Sometimes, you can make the heart of your customers melt with a does of #cuteness_overload as @Warbyparker does:
Or, you can share your happy customers’ stories as @Izandco does. In the case of Iz&Co. Using such UGC has definitely been part of their strategy to sell jewelry on Instagram.
Giveaways are a great way to attract new customers to your page. Sure, when trying to sell jewelry on Instagram, it might seem counterproductive to give away some pieces of your work for free. But trust us when we say that it’s an investment that will definitely pay off. Everybody loves getting free stuff, and it’s exactly this love that can lead more and more people to your Instagram shop.
When holding a giveaway, you should first announce on your page that this event is holding place. You should declare how your audience can enter and participate. Then, when the time is over, you announce the winner and notify them with a direct message. If managing this on your own seems a bit too much, AiSchedul’s Post & Reward automates this process and lets you hold a giveaway with unbelievable ease. All you have to do is enter the rules of your giveaway and a personalized DM to the winner. Then, you can sit and watch as everything will be taken care of for you.
In fact, besides giveaways and the All-in-One Bio-Link that we discussed before, AiSchedul has many features that help you manage your Instagram account quite smoothly. These services include:
- A unique and easy-to-use Instagram Scheduler
- Repost feature allowing you to repost stories and feed on other pages on Instagram
- Monitoring accounts, hashtags, and your mentions
- Content calendar with hashtag suggestions for every day of the year
And so much more. Don’t forget to sign up for free and try it for yourself!
Although it might first seem scary to try to sell jewelry on Instagram, it doesn’t actually have to be that way. You need to first learn what type of Instagram shop is more appropriate for you, your location, and your preferences. After that, you should focus on attracting people to your page by making a personalized strategy.