Marketing analytics is an essential aspect of the digital marketing world. It helps marketers understand their audiences, track their campaigns and analyze their ROI. This article will explore some of the best marketing analytics tools & software.
Marketing analytics tools aren’t new, but they are crucial CRO tools for modern marketers to get a holistic view of their business. No longer do digital marketers work in a vacuum. The success of customer acquisition, activation, and retention depends on how well the marketing team coordinates with other teams within the business.
The best marketing analytics will unite your marketing and sales data with customer service and product data to give you the full picture of what’s bringing in customers and how your product is performing.
The first on our list is WatchThemLive; a comprehensive software for marketing analytics that helps companies track customer journeys across web pages. It has a variety of features such as session recording, heatmap, and analytics that we will give you a detailed description of in the article.
What Is Marketing Analytics Software
A set of tools that help businesses to analyze customer data and find new ways to optimize their marketing strategy are called digital marketing analytics tools.
They can also be used to track and measure marketing efforts and provide insights into customer behavioral marketing data.
The below points tell us how marketing analytics software helps us:
– Understanding the customer journey and its impact on sales,
– Developing new lead generation techniques,
– Optimizing marketing campaigns with the help of data analysis.
The best part about these tools is that they are easy to use and provide a lot of insights for businesses.
Types of Marketing Analytics
It can be divided into many different types. With five primary types of data-gathering methods at our disposal, a different component of data and marketing is handled by each of them. Marketers typically use the following types of analytics:
- Web Analytics,
- Social Media Marketing Analytics,
- Lead Generation And Attribution,
- SEO Analytics,
- Email Marketing Analytics.
Additionally, these are the types of marketing data we utilize when performing the analysis:
- Visitor Data From Website,
- Performance Data for Paid Campaigns,
- Data about Customer Touchpoints/Events,
- Data Related To Email Marketing,
- Purchases Data Made By Our Customers.
Why Do You Need Marketing Analytics Tools
To track campaign performance, align business objectives, collect user feedback, predict future marketing trends, and monitor return on investment (ROI), marketers need marketing analytics tools. Stakeholders wouldn’t be able to assess their marketing activities and work on improving them, without such tools. Let’s get started to check them.
20 Best Marketing Analytics Software to Boost Sales
With the influx of data and the need to make sense of it, marketers are constantly searching for new ways to make their marketing efforts more efficient. The following list contains some of the best marketing analytics tools on the market today.
1. WatchThemLive: The Best Free Marketing Analytics Software
A superior marketing analytics platform for web analytics, it allows you to record and watch your users’ experiences, track their activities and analyze their behavior, and track customer activity in real-time.
Furthermore, you can optimize the content of your web pages using included content marketing analytics through the below features:
By creating heatmaps for your website, you can explore the pages you’ve made to figure out the strong and weak points of your content. Moreover, you can also identify the most trafficked areas on web pages and then place your crucial content and CTAs there. As a result, you will improve your business CRO.
Furthermore, heatmaps allow you to fix user experience issues on your website by data visualization of customer interactions on your website in the form of color. You can make better business decisions with a clear understanding of your website’s visitors.
2. Session Recording
This feature enables you to monitor every action your users make: what they click on and where they move their mouse. After checking the session records of visitors on your website, you can identify areas for improvement to increase conversions. Look for issues, barriers, and negative user experience and make adjustments.
Make your decisions based on the overall scenario. WatchThemLive allows you to review and analyze your valuable insights in real-time, so you’ll never miss a thing.
It provides you with a dashboard where you can add your main domain or different landing page addresses and then set goals or events on them, track the user activities on them, watch session records, analyze heatmaps, and use many other tools to keep everything related to your website under your control.
You can establish milestones for every stage of your customer journey, and track your buyers’ real-time journeys with customized customer journey reports. Your goal and conversion data can be downloaded as PDFs and CSVs. This makes it easy to share insights with anyone.
4. User Tracking
It allows you to identify how a user navigates your site over time and track the traffic on your website to make sure your marketing strategies and campaigns are effective based on what your target audience is looking for.
If you want your website to draw visitors, be aware of how visitors are interacting with your website and what you can do to provide them with a personalized experience. It also helps you in customer psychographics segmentation.
Even so, you can identify the reasons why users leave your website by tracking their behavior. You can improve your website with such analysis.
5. Page Optimization
You can improve your web pages by knowing visitors’ interests to meet their preferences and satisfy them. In this way, you create trust as well. Develop more engaging web pages so that conversion rates will be higher.
An analytics tool that helps digital marketers analyze and report marketing performance more efficiently in an automated manner by collecting data from different channels such as social media, email marketing campaigns, PPC campaigns, and websites.
As a software for marketing analytics, it enables you to create reports and dashboards in a short time, using included plug-ins and custom APIs.
Whatagraph can be used by digital marketing agencies to connect clients’ data and generate reports. Then the report can be scheduled to be sent out to relevant clients periodically with the recent data. Consequently, agencies can save hours on report creation per client every week.
The internal marketing team of a company can use Whatagraph features by connecting its marketing tools to it. Then it provides you with different report templates that you simply fill in and create your report for presentation.
- It is easy to use.
- Let you customize reports.
- It provides more than 40 plug-ins and APIs, so it can be integrated with other platforms.
- Its pricing plans are expensive compared to similar digital analytics tools.
- It does not provide a website heatmap for data visualization
- You should commit to annual plans, monthly plans are not available.
- Data sources get disconnected randomly, and there is no discernible explanation.
- Slow customer support, which is unsatisfactory.
Businesses of all sizes can take advantage of Funnel.io’s marketing analytics software and data collection solutions. It lets you collect data from several marketing channels and analyze them based on business goals and objectives to show you the performance status of your marketing campaigns.
Hopefully, it is software for marketing analytics that eliminates manual data collection. Funnel.io is a new platform that promises to help marketers find previously untapped revenue streams. The system serves as a secure data center that collates everything you need to know at once. It also makes it simple to access, organize and search your data with ease.
With Funnel.io, you’ll enjoy an effortless online marketing experience that’s intuitive to use — even for non-technical users.
- It is user-friendly.
- It keeps the history of data for 2 years.
- It provides 500+ integrations.
- It offers good data visualization with charts.
- It is expensive.
- There is no heatmap feature.
- Weak website analytics tools.
- Errors occur while downloading data from sources.
- Data transformation has problems.
- No direct integration is available for Tableau.
It is one of the digital marketing analytics tools free of charge that turns raw, scattered data into streamlined and integrated marketing reports that can be utilized in Excel and various other tools, thus allowing marketers to make smarter and better-informed decisions.
Supermetrics, a software for marketing analytics, lets you stay on top of your marketing strategy with its customizable templates and reports.
It automates every step of the website data analysis process from creating dashboards to transferring or importing data into a database. You just need to decide where you want to keep the data, and the platform does it for you automatically for further analytics.
- It provides an accurate measurement report,
- It claims to work quickly and efficiently,
- To tailor the reports to your needs, Supermetrics works well with Excel or Google Sheets.
- The cost of SuperMetrics is higher than that of other online marketing analytics tools.
- It is difficult to learn how to work with SuperMetrics. It is a bit complex.
- It does not offer a heatmap feature to visualize website analytics.
- It does not provide a session recording ability for website monitoring.
If you are looking for the best marketing analytics software you may have probably come across SEMRush including content marketing analytics tools, SEO, and social media marketing tools. The platform is a combination of SEO and Marketing tools that promise to allow marketers to analyze competitors’ performance and uncover the best opportunities before their competitors for example for targeting keywords. In addition, it offers tools for backlink analysis and guest blogging research.
It is also software for marketing analytics to conduct keyword research and online ranking data analysis to boost your digital marketing strategy with the right keywords in SEO. As a content marketing analytics software, it enables you to have an in-depth look at any keyword and identify its organic and paid value including search volume, keyword intent, keyword difficulty, SERP features, and more.
- It contains the largest keyword database of any comparable search engine.
- One Semrush account gives you more tools than any other platform that we’ve seen so far.
- Semrush provides the analytics and insights necessary to assess keyword and backlink possibilities.
- The powerful link-building features not only identify new opportunities for link-building but also help you track and manage your outreach efforts.
- You pay for what you get. It’s worth it.
- There is often a lack of accuracy in traffic analytics data.
- It supports only Google search data.
- Its user interface is not user-friendly.
- It does not provide the latest tools for website analytics like heatmap and user tracking video records.
Ninjacat claims to be a comprehensive reporting solution for marketers, allowing them to track their SEO and PPC data. As software for marketing analytics, it enables users to tie their PPC, SEO, display, social media, and call-tracking channels together, allowing them to automate reporting and track their budgets and campaigns. Ninjacat offers over 750 data sources.
This can be a useful tool for marketers looking for one solution for campaign reports but it can be costly for a small business. NinjaCat is a marketing data management platform that helps marketers with tedious data work. It automates data collection, data processing, and data maintenance to let them spend more time on high-value tasks.
Currently, NinjaCat is one of the most successful, free marketing analytics tools. But it’s not to say you will like it immediately after starting work with it. For a clear picture of NinjaCat’s true value, you’ll always need to test it for a while, based on your company’s budget, mission, and expectations.
- It is simple to understand and use.
- It provides relevant and practical recommendations.
- It offers first-class customer service.
- It lets you analyze your data to identify patterns.
- It has a cool design.
- There are not enough data integrations.
- It is difficult to work with at the beginning.
- It is not fast.
- There are limitations to dates.
Using TapClicks, you can pull your Social Media, SEO, and PPC data together in one place to create performance reports for a specific time interval. Using productive marketing analytics software, you can track your progress and data all in one place.
It has plug-ins that enable you to connect your other marketing platform, create dashboards, and generate insight reports for marketing analytics. TapClicks operates in the same way that most marketing analysis tools do. With their insight into multiple sources of performance metrics and analytics data, TapClicks promises to present a good level of monitoring capability in one intuitive interface.
TapAnalytics, a software for marketing analytics, provides marketing analytics and reporting dashboards with an affordable, cloud-based solution. TapAnalytics claims to offer clients convenience, flexibility, and ROI success.
- It is user-friendly.
- The setup and understanding are easy.
- Dashboards and reporting tailored to your needs.
- It provides outstanding customer support.
- It offers a great visual presentation.
- Instructions that are difficult to comprehend.
- Data importation is complex.
- It is expensive.
- Exporting to PDF has visual problems.
8. Visual Website Optimizer (VWO)
It is a free marketing analytics software for A/B testing website content and optimizing conversion rates. It gives you the chance to record your visitor sessions, so you can watch and study them.
An example of how the live user recording feature of VWO is used to investigate a serious payment error that may happen periodically. Then you can find the solution to solve it resulting in a reduced bonus rate.
Personalized experiences are what visitors desire on the website. VWO, a software for marketing analytics, lets you design unique tours for audiences on the go.
- Compared to other website testing platforms, working with VWO is enjoyable.
- VWO has proved to be the best option when running A/B tests. The information they provide is both insightful and useful.
- It is easy to share reports with clients with great visualization.
- On the updated version you need to pay more to watch video records of visitors.
- A lack of commitment is evident in customer service.
- You can’t store data forever. As an example, if we run a heatmap, the data will only be stored for the last 60-90 days.
With ClickMeter, you’re able to come up with fancy URLs and track how they’re performing through detailed analyses. Therefore it helps you to measure and estimate your ROI.
ClickMeter is a software for marketing analytics that provides a helpful tracking feature that seamlessly integrates with Google Analytics and enables you to route, track, and analyzes your website traffic.
Not only will you get to see the real worth of your marketing strategy, but also identify which traffic sources aren’t working, so that you can improve them.
- You can track your links easily.
- You can organize your links and campaigns efficiently.
- Using it, you can connect to Google Analytics. By enabling Google’s built-in analytics tools, you can evaluate the clicks on each one of your hyperlinked pages on the website.
- It provides good support services
- UI/UX can be improved.
- The setup of conversion tracking is confusing.
- The payment model is based on “events,” and every activity is counted as one event.
As businesses expand, their databases get huge, too. This causes various issues when databases are large, disparate, and decentralized. In the absence of a structured data management approach, additional problems may arise. Shortenings or altered spellings can cause miscommunication or errors.
As one of the best marketing analytics tools, Segment captures, processes, maintains and monitors customer data to address all of these problems. Additionally, it integrates with many tools including Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Facebook Pixel.
- Segment integrates easily with your website, mobile app, backend service, chatbots, etc.
- It is easy to set up.
- It is possible to send data simultaneously to multiple destinations, such as Google Analytics and Mix Panel.
- Pricing is high compared to competitors.
- It will cost you money to hire a programmer to insert code snippets.
Marketing Analytics Software FAQs
If you’re looking for an answer to your marketing analytics questions, then this section is for you.
1. Does Google Analytics Serve Like Other Market Analytics Tools?
It is a web marketing analytics service that provides analytics and basic search engine optimization (SEO) tools. Google Marketing Platform users can access the service for free as part of their Google account but the more advanced features are paid.
2. What Are The Three Types Of Marketing Analytics?
Generally, marketing analytics refers to any kind of data analysis that supports marketing activities. They often come in the form of web analytics, sales analytics, and social media analytics, as well as other types.
- Descriptive Analytics:
Descriptive analytics use data to describe what occurred in the past. It provides context for a better understanding of current marketing trends and past marketing performance.
- Predictive Analytics:
Predictive analytics is the branch of data science that extrapolates patterns from the past to create forecasts about future outcomes. Generally speaking, this process requires significant amounts of data and a machine learning algorithm that can predict with greater accuracy as it goes.
- Prescriptive analytics:
In predictive analytics, past marketing data is used to recommend the most effective tactics. It often pairs with marketing automation to be able to keep a finger on the pulse of recommendations.
3. Is Python Used in Marketing Analytics?
Python is a versatile and cross-platform automation tool that you can use to optimize all of your marketing efforts. This can be used to create eye-catching visualizations and enhance your marketing research. You can use Python to automate your data collection process from a variety of sources.
A Wrap-Up Of The Best Marketing Analytics Software
The tools that are easy to use, provide accurate analytics, and are cost-effective for businesses are considered the best marketing analytics tools.
The data should be generated from a variety of sources like social media, email marketing, and web traffic. It should also give insights into each channel’s performance and how it can be improved.
To wrap up, if you wish to optimize your marketing activities and boost your conversion rate sign up on WatchThemLive, one of the best marketing analytics tools.
Author: Sara Darvishi