Music is an excellent medium to cheer your audience up! It makes people calm, energetic, and even more creative. Therefore, knowing how to add music to your Instagram post is an excellent skill for pepping up your posts and getting your followers engaged. In the previous blogs, we’ve addressed some common questions, such as why you can’t add music to Instagram Story. Also, we discussed how you could share Spotify songs on IG Story. Learning how to add music to an Instagram story is pretty easy because there is an in-app music feature available. However, the real issue for most of you is how to add music to Instagram post.
In case you need to add music to Instagram post, you’ll need to use a third-party app. Here, you will find out about the apps you can use to get familiar with how to add music to Instagram post. Moreover, you will learn how to add music to Instagram story or reel without any apps or extra tools!
So, let’s dive in.
How to Add Music to Instagram Post
Knowing how to add music to an Instagram post helps you draw attention to your feed and increase engagement. In addition, it will make your post more engaging and help you stand out in the crowd.
If you desire to add music to an Instagram post and upload it on Instagram, you must edit your video in advance. Then, you can quickly post a video with music on Instagram. In the following, I’ll share some apps to familiarize you with how to add music to Instagram post not story.
#1 VideoSound: The Best App to Add Music to Instagram Post
‘How do I add music to my Instagram post?’ we heard you ask. We have one short answer for all your questions on how to add music to an Instagram post, and that’s ‘VideoSound’!
VideoSound is an app for iOS devices that allows you to add songs from your iTunes library and blend them with the clip’s original sound. Not only can you add music to an Instagram post, but also you can create slideshows containing more than ten photos.
So, VideoSound is the best answer to your questions about how to add music to an Instagram video post and photo post. It costs $0,99, and the features it offers make it an ideal solution for iPhone owners who want to add copyrighted music on IG posts.
#2 Videoshop: A Usefull App to Add Music to Instagram Post
If you’re not convinced and yet wondering how to add music on Instagram post, Videoshop suits you the best. It’s a free video editor compatible with iOS and Android OS. Indeed, it is a reliable choice for all freelance Instagram marketers and videographers. For instance, iPhone users can add songs to the videos from their iPod library and edit them with the Videoshop app.
Not only can Videoshop help you figure out how to add music to an Instagram video post, but also it allows Android and iPhone users to add sound effects to their Instagram videos.
Videoshop provides you with various video editing tools to equip you to do anything you want with your videos. That means you can also polish your videos after adding music to them.
#3 Lomotif: Add Music to Instagram Video Post Easily
Are you still thinking about how you can post a video with music on Instagram? If you do crave to add music to Instagram video posts, you need to utilize 3rd-party apps. So, let’s see how to add music to your Instagram post.
But before that, you need to study the best video settings for Instagram.
Lomotif is a user-friendly app that adds music to an Instagram post. It looks like Instagram’s Story feature. Its Scratch Editor is a Boomerang-like feature that allows you to add music to a video, then upload and share it on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Then, you can post your long videos on IG Story, feed, & IGTV. So, this app, in fact, enables you to add music to an Instagram story, post, and more.
How to add music to Instagram story and video post utilizing Lomotif:
- Install the Lomotif app and hold ‘+’
- Select ‘Library’ to choose the video clip from your device. You can also pick multiple videos and photos.
- Tap on ‘tick’ from the top-right corner
- Choose the background music for your video
- Pick the ‘My Music’ tab to add music from your phone
- Add required filters and set the music timing if needed
- Hit the ‘save’ button on the top right corner.
- Also, it quickly lets you add music to filters, text, and emojis
And done! That’s how you add music to an Instagram story and post. Now, it’s time to share it on Instagram.
How to Share Posts with Music on Instagram Using AiSchedul
This app focuses on scheduling your posts and publishing them at the right time by a dedicated Instagram account manager. In addition, with this app, you don’t need to learn how to add music to your Instagram post or story because they will manually add music to your Instagram story for you. Your account manager will also check if your Instagram music is not working.
Even if you’re a music influencer on Instagram, you can trust AiSchedul with your posts and stories. Plus, if you want to make money with your music on Instagram, they will help you every step of the way! And, above all, it enables you to loop a video for Instagram and grow followers organically.
Therefore, to cash in on your free trial, you need to:
- Sign up for free
- Add your Instagram account(s).
- Pick ‘POSTS & SCHEDULING’ and ‘SCHEDULER’ tabs.
- Select the ‘Schedule’ button.
- Select ‘feed’ or ‘IGTV.’
- Drag and drop your photo or video.
- Now, write a caption, and add hashtags.
- Besides, you can select ‘Post on stories as well’ to upload them as your story.
- Instantly, post your photo or video.
You will immediately get more views on Instagram videos which will lead to increasing your outreach.
How to Add Music to Instagram Story
Since Instagram first launched stories in 2016, they have been trying to up their game by adding features and luring users. They have been quite successful too. Many Instagram influencers and users have embraced stories as an integral part of the Instagram experience that can be as influential as doubling your Instagram engagement. However, in order to use Instagram stories features to the fullest and make creative IG stories, you need to know how to add music to your Instagram story.
Wondering ‘how to add music to instagram story?’ Before we start, I’d like to remind you that the previously mentioned applications also work perfectly for uploading Instagram stories. You probably thought that those tools only familiarize you with how to add music to an Instagram post and not a story. However, that’s not the case. When you finish editing the video and photo with music, you can upload it as a post or a story. Just remember, you should know all about the social media image sizes. Or even better, you could trust AiSchedul with all that tedious work!
Now, let’s get down to our new hacks!
#1 Add Music to Instagram Story Using in-App Features
The most convenient answer to your questions on how to put music on Instagram story is to use the story features. It is genuinely straightforward, so let’s see how to add a song to an Instagram story.
- First, log into your Instagram account, and on your homepage, tap on the icon on the top left side of the screen.
- Then, shoot your video or photo, or upload it from your gallery.
- Once you have picked the photo or video that you would like to share, tap on the stickers icon on the top right corner.
- In the list that appears, pick the ‘Music’ sticker.
- Now, you can choose any music that comes up, or you can also search for the music you’d like to add from the ‘Browse’ section.
- After you’ve picked the right music, you could change how the sticker appears or if you’d like the music’s lyrics to appear instead of the sticker itself.
- Finally, tap ‘Done!’
That’s how you can easily add music to Instagram story. However, many find the music sticker annoying and would like to know how to add music to an Instagram story without the sticker.
Adding music to an Instagram story without the sticker is no rocket science either! Just do as follows:
- After you press ‘Done’ and the sticker appears on your photo, press the ‘Music’ sticker with one finger and drag it to the edge.
- Now, as you are still pressing on the sticker with your finger, hold your second fingertip on the screen.
- Then, let go of the first one. Although your second fingertip is not touching the sticker, the sticker will move with it.
- At last, drag your second fingertip towards the edge, and the sticker will disappear, but the music won’t stop.
Now, you can enjoy a clean Instagram story with great music.
#2 Apple Music, Spotify, and SoundCloud
Still wondering ‘how to add music to Instagram story?’ If you can’t find specific music on the Music lists provided by Instagram, you could also use Apple Music, Spotify, or SoundCloud to share music. The process of sharing music from these platforms is relatively easy and more or less similar. So, if you consider how to add song to Instagram story, let’s get started!
- Find the music on Apple Music, Spotify, or SoundCloud.
- Then, tap on the three dots or tap on ‘Share.’
- Now, on the list, pick ‘Instagram.’
The music with its featured image will appear on your IG story. In short, this is also how you can add SoundCloud links to your Instagram stories. However, there’s a catch. The music can’t be played on Instagram. Instead, the viewers can tap on it, and they’ll be redirected to the platform where they can listen to it.
Therefore, your best option is to add music to your Instagram story either through the stories features or using other tools, such as AiSchedule.
How to Add Music to Instagram Reels
Reels are Instagram’s brand-new feature. Not only are they increasingly popular, but also they make for excellent creative content for your Instagram account. Besides, since they are new, if you use them, the Instagram algorithm will reward you, so you can get more exposure and subsequently get more followers on Instagram.
However, you can’t draw as much engagement if you don’t know how to add your own music to Instagram reels. So, read on to find out how to do that!
Generally, in order to add music to Instagram reel, you need to closely follow these steps:
- On your homepage, tap on the ‘+’ icon in the bottom center of the screen.
- Now, choose reels.
- After you’re done with the video clip, you will see several options on the right side of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Audio’ icon.
- Now, from the list, you get to choose any music or search for any music you would like.
- You can make any changes you want.
- At last, tap on ‘Done!’
You’re done! That wasn’t so hard now, was it?
Luckily, Instagram has added various features to enable users to publish more creative, engaging Instagram reels. One of these features is saving the music from other reels and later using them for your own. Here’s how you do it:
- Find the reel with music you like.
- Then, tap on the audio file at the bottom of the reel.
- Next, by pressing on the save icon on the top right corner, you can save it.
- Now, whenever you want to add music to your reels, you can add these saved songs through the ‘Saved’ section.
Instead of bothering yourself with all these instructions, you can rely on AiSchedul to schedule, repost, and download Instagram reels for you!
Over to You
How do you add music to an Instagram post? Which one of these hacks and tools do you prefer?
To grow your brand on Instagram, you need to be more creative and innovative. Many video editing apps and tools available on the market will answer your questions about how to add music to your Instagram post. Then, you can upload them to your Instagram feed and watch your engagement rate rise magnificently.