Instagram is a popular social media platform offering different accounts to cater to various user needs. Understanding the different types of Instagram accounts is essential for users to make informed decisions about their online presence.
While a business account offers various analytical and promotional features, some users may find themselves wanting to switch back to a personal account for a more private and personal experience. If you’re wondering how to make this transition seamlessly, you’re in the right place.
This article will explore the three main types of Instagram accounts: personal, business, and creator. We will discuss each account type’s features, benefits, and differences, helping users determine which account best suits their needs. Additionally, we will provide step-by-step instructions on switching back to a personal account on Instagram.
Types of Instagram Accounts
Before learning how to switch back to personal account, it is better to know the different types of accounts. Instagram offers a variety of account types to cater to different interests and purposes. These accounts include Personal, Business, and Creator. Let’s see the difference between types of Instagram accounts:
A personal account is the most common type of Instagram account. It is designed for individuals who want to share their moments and experiences and make friends on Instagram.
Users can lock their profile and switch accounts with a personal account and only allow selected users to see their content, providing higher privacy.
A business account is specifically tailored for businesses that want to leverage Instagram for business, marketing, and connecting with customers. Users can share photos and videos related to their products or services with a business account.
This Instagram account type offers advanced features like Instagram Insights, which provides detailed analytics about Instagram engagement, followers, and reach. Businesses can also run targeted ads and access advertising tools to promote their brand effectively.
The creator account is designed for individuals who create engaging Instagram posts. This account type suits influencers, artists, photographers, and content creators.
It provides additional insights and Instagram analytics, allowing creators to track their growth, engagement, and audience demographics. The creator account enables users to showcase their work and build a dedicated following.
Why Switching to a Personal Account?
While business and creator accounts offer unique features and benefits, there are several reasons why users might consider switching to a personal account:
- Privacy Control:
Learning how to switch back to personal account provides the option to lock the profile and only allow selected users to see the content. This level of privacy control allows users to choose who can follow them and view their posts. It is particularly beneficial for individuals who prefer to share personal moments with a limited audience.
- Authentic Connection:
Knowing how to switch back to personal account offers a more authentic connection with followers. By sharing personal experiences, users can create a genuine bond with their audience. Unlike business or creator accounts that focus on promoting products or services, personal accounts allow users to showcase their true selves and connect on a more personal level.
How to Switch Back to Personal Account on Instagram?
Learning how to switch to a personal account on Instagram is a simple process that can be done on Android, iPhone, or the Instagram web version. This guide will provide step-by-step instructions on how to switch back to personal account for each platform so you can easily switch back to your account and resume using it.
How to Switch to a Personal Account on IG: Using Android
You can follow a few simple steps to learn how to switch back to a personal account on IG using an Android device. This will allow you to access additional features and settings tailored for personal use. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to switch Instagram to personal account with Android:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Log in to the account that you want to switch to a personal account.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On your profile page, tap on the three horizontal lines (≡) at the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap “Settings And Privacy” at the bottom of the menu.
- In the Settings menu, look for the “Account” section and tap on it.
- If you have a creator account, tap “Creator Tools and Control.” If you have a business account, tap on “Business Tools and Controls.“
- Look for the option “Switch Account Type” and tap on it.
- On the next screen, tap on “Switch to Personal Account.”
- Confirm your decision by tapping on “Switch to Personal Account” again.
- Wait for a moment, and Instagram will notify you by displaying the “Switched to Personal Account” text on your screen.
Please note that the steps on how to switch back to a personal account on Instagram may vary slightly depending on the version of the Instagram app you are using.
More Data: How To Make a Collage on Instagram
How to Turn off Creator Account: Using iPhone
To learn how to switch back to personal account on Instagram using iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and log in to the account you want to convert.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines (≡) in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings.”
- In the settings menu, select the “Account” option.
- Tap on “Switch Account Type.”
- Touch the switch next to “Personal Account” to change the account type.
- Confirm your action when prompted.
- You should receive a confirmation pop-up indicating that your account has been switched to a personal account.
That’s it! Now you know how to remove business account on Instagram using an iPhone.
Top Review: What Is Picnob? A Comprehensive Review
How to Switch to a Private Insta Account: Using Instagram Web
To switch back to a personal account on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Go to Instagram.com or open the Instagram app on your device.
- Log in to your account using your username and password.
- Tap on the profile icon, usually located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Look for the settings icon on the profile page, typically represented by three horizontal lines or dots. It is usually located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the settings icon to access the account settings.
- Look for an option to switch your account type in the account settings. The wording may vary, but it is usually labeled as “Switch to Personal Account” or something similar.
- Tap on the option to switch back to a personal account.
- Confirm your decision by clicking the “Switch Back” or similar wording.
- Congratulations! You have successfully switched back to a personal account on Instagram.
Please note that the steps may vary slightly depending on the version of the Instagram app or website you are using.
How to Switch to a Business Account on Instagram?
Sometimes, you may have a private insta account and want to switch to a business one. To switch to a business account on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Go to your profile by tapping the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap on “Settings and privacy” at the bottom of the menu.
- In the Settings menu, tap “Account types and tools” to access your settings.
- Under the Account settings, tap on “Switch to Professional Account” or “Switch to Business Account” (the wording may vary slightly).
- Tap on “Continue” to proceed with the switch.
- You will be asked to choose a category that best represents your business. Select the category that aligns with your business or content.
- Next, you can choose between “Creator” or “Business.” If you are a business entity, choose “Business.” If you are an individual creator, choose “Creator.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process, which may include providing additional information about your business or linking your Facebook page (if applicable).
Once you have completed these steps, your Instagram account will be switched to a business account, and you will have access to additional features and insights to help you manage your business presence on the platform.
Supercharger Your Knowledge: How to Half Swipe on Instagram?
Pros and Cons of a Personal Account on Instagram
Now that you know the importance of learning how to switch back to personal account, let’s see the pros and cons of a personal account on Instagram.
|More Privacy and Control over your account.||It can be harder to grow your following and reach a larger audience with a personal account.|
|You can choose who sees your posts, who can follow you, and what information you share.||You may also miss out on some of the Insights and Analytics that business accounts offer.|
|It is difficult for people to Repost or Steal your Content.|
Pros and Cons of a Business Account on Instagram
A business account on Instagram has its advantages and disadvantages that can impact a brand’s online presence and marketing efforts.
|A business account provides more analytics and data to help you grow your business.||Running and maintaining a business account on Instagram can have some financial implications for growing your brand.|
|Ability to Advertise your business or brands on Instagram.|
|The Instagram business account offers a third-party integration feature that enables you to share your posts on other social platforms and appear in search engine searches.|
Related Articles: How to See Liked Posts on Instagram Easily & Quickly
Creator Vs. Business Accounts
Now that you know how to switch back to personal account on Instagram, let’s see the key differences between a Creator and a Business account:
|Creator accounts are designed for individuals who want to showcase their brand, talents, or creative work. |
They are ideal for influencers, artists, musicians, or content creators.
|Business accounts are intended for companies, brands, or organizations that want to promote their products or services.|
|Creator accounts often come with additional features tailored to content creators, such as insights into audience demographics, growth metrics, and content performance. |
They may also have access to special tools like swipe-up links in stories or the ability to monetize their content.
|Business accounts have features focused on promoting products or services, such as shopping tags, contact buttons, and access to advertising tools.|
|Creator accounts usually have more flexibility in categorizing themselves on social media platforms. |
They can choose from a wider range of categories that align with their brand or niche.
|Business accounts typically have more standardized categories that align with industry sectors or business types.|
|Creator accounts may need to demonstrate a certain level of influence or engagement.||Business accounts may need proof of their legal existence or ownership.|
|Creator accounts often focus on building a personal connection with their audience. They may engage in more direct and informal communication, individually responding to comments and messages.||Business accounts may have a more professional tone and focus on providing customer support or addressing inquiries related to their products or services.|
Now that you know the difference between Instagram accounts, it is time to learn more about steps on how to switch back to personal account.
How to Switch Back to a Personal Account: Conclusion
Learning how to switch back to personal accounts is simple. Following the steps in this post, users can regain the privacy and authentic connection that a personal account offers on Instagram.
However, it is important to consider the consequences and evaluate whether switching to a personal account aligns with your goals and objectives on Instagram. While a personal account gives you more control over who gets to view your content, you may lose access to powerful audience insights and other tools.
FAQs on How to Switch Back to a Personal Account
Q1: How to Make Followers Private on Instagram?
To make your followers private on Instagram, you can learn how to switch to personal account on Instagram and enable the privacy settings that allow only approved followers to see your posts.
Q2: What Are the Different Instagram Account Types?
The different types of Instagram accounts are personal, business, and creator accounts.
Q3: How to Turn off Business Account on Instagram?
To turn off a business account on Instagram, you can learn how to switch to personal account on Insta. Follow the steps in this article to switch from a business account to a personal account.
Q4: Why Won’t Instagram Let Me Make a New Account?
If Instagram is not allowing you to create a new account, it could be due to various reasons, such as using an email or username that is already associated with an existing account, violating Instagram’s terms of service, or encountering technical issues. It is recommended to check the error message or contact Instagram support for further assistance.
Q5: How To Remove Professional Account on Instagram?
You cannot remove a professional account on Instagram, but you learn how to switch accounts on Instagram. Follow the steps mentioned earlier in this article to switch from a professional account to a personal account.
Q6: How to Make Instagram Account Private?
Select your account settings and enable the “Private Account” option to make your Instagram account private. This will restrict your posts and profile from being visible to anyone not following you.
Q7: Can I Switch Between Different Types of Instagram Accounts?
Yes, you can switch between different types of Instagram accounts. To do so, go to your profile in the top right corner of the app– Long press on your profile picture- and you will see a menu displaying your different accounts- Select the account you want to switch to, and you will be able to access and manage that account.
Q8: Will I Lose My Followers if I Switch to a Personal Account??
You will not lose your followers if you learn how to switch accounts on Instagram. Your followers will remain the same, but you may experience changes in engagement and reach due to the different account types.
Q9: Can I Switch Back to a Business or Creator Account After Switching to a Personal Account?
You can switch back to a business or creator account after switching to a personal account. The process is the same as switching to a personal account.