The only thing more important to growing a thriving Instagram page than creating amazing content is engaging with your community.
Engagement includes (but isn’t limited to):
The more you engage with your community, the more you are likely to attract people back to your channel where they will then hopefully convert to a follower (or customer). For example, Neil Patel found that for every 100 likes, he received roughly 6 followers.
With this in mind, in an ideal world you could engage with people 24/hours a day, 7 days a week. In reality, there are limits to how much you can engage.
While Instagram’s daily limits are implemented to try and combat spam and abuse, honest marketers are also impacted.
The good news in all this is that with a little creativity, you can get around Instagram’s daily limits.
Instagram’s Daily Limits Explained
Let’s take a moment to talk about what exactly Instagram’s daily limits are. Note that we’re going to need to break this up into trusted accounts and new accounts.
- Likes: You can either like something every 28 – 36 seconds, or do it at 1000 likes at a time if you are using scheduling tools. If you go this route, you need to take a 24-hour break after hitting the limit before liking again.
- Follows: This is similar to likes, in that you are limited to one follow every 28 – 38 seconds, but also under 200 an hour. Similar to likes, if you hit 1000 follows a day and below 200 an hour (1000 a day, with a 24-hour break);
- Comments: You need to keep those under 12-14 an hour, with a 350 – 400-second break between each one
- DMs: There is no publicly known limit for DMs, but trusted accounts can expect to send anywhere from 50 to 100 DMs/day.
- For new accounts, for the first 12 to 20 days, you need to wait 36-48 seconds between any actions.
- In addition, the biggest Instagram daily limit is that you can only make a total of 500 actions a day. This includes following, likes, and unfollows. The total limit is 500 actions a day (follow, unfollow, like).
- New accounts can expect to send anywhere from 20-50 DMs/day,
Your Three Main Options
Many Instagram gurus recommend starting off slower, around the new account range, then working your way up as your page gets more established. But what if you don’t have time to wait? What if you already have one established Instagram brand and want to work towards another? Here are some things you can do.
Using Multiple Pages
Chances are that you’ve probably seen many other pages using this strategy. Basically, by creating several Instagram accounts that have links in their bios to your main account and reaching Instagram’s daily limits for all of those accounts, you can effectively supersede the original intended limit, while still directing traffic to your main page.
For example, let’s say you’re a sport company. You have multiple departments – basketball, baseball, and hockey. For every department, you create a different Instagram page.
There are a couple different options you can pursue from here:
- If you’re trying to drive traffic to your website, you can simply link to your store in the bio of each of your specialized Instagram pages.
- If you’re trying to build up your following on your main Instagram page, you can link to your main page in the bios of all of your specialized pages.
All of this, of course, means more work on your part. Fortunately, as explained below, automation can help speed up the process.
Using Smart Automation
In and of itself, automation tools like AiGrow won’t beat Instagram’s daily limits. What they do accomplish, though, is using time a lot more effectively. By using automation, you won’t have to worry about missing a page or influencer you really wanted to reach out to.
Even if you choose not to take advantage of multiple pages, using automation can still help you push your Instagram account’s (Liking, following, commenting, DMing, etc.) actions to their daily limits with minimum effort on your part.
For example, with AiGrow, all you have to do is provide the hashtags you think your target audience is using (read this article to find out what hashtags you should be targeting for your niche), where they’re located, and any competitors you think your target audience might be following. After providing these parameters, AiGrow will begin automatically engaging with people on Instagram that fit these parameters until you reach your daily limit.
This way, you can attend to other business matters knowing that on Instagram you’re automatically engaging and attracting to your page exactly the kind of people you want as customers.
Using The Same Account Daily
As we mentioned before, there’s a significant difference between a trusted account and a brand new account. In general, the older and more active your Instagram account is, the more actions you will be allowed to perform on a daily basis. This is a rare case where slow and steady can win the race if you use your limited actions wisely early on.
Put plainly, the longer you own your Instagram page and the more you use it on a daily basis, the more actions you will be able to perform on a daily basis.
An easy way to warm up an account is with a tool like AiGrow. Just create your account, put your growth on “slow”, schedule content at least 3 or 4 times with AiGrow’s desktop scheduler, and you’re good to go.
If you are creating an Instagram page for your business and don’t want to be restricted to the daily limits of a brand new account, if you have a personal Instagram account, you could convert your personal account into a page for your business. This way, you can perform more actions from your business account from day one.
This is obviously easier if your business is tied to your name (self-help, fitness trainer, consultant, etc.). Otherwise, if you know that you will soon be creating your own business, create an Instagram account and begin warming it up as soon as you can.
Being creative can help you circumvent some of the Instagram daily limits you may encounter on its users, but this is only one small part of effective Instagram marketing. To properly manage the rest of them, use a tool like AiGrow. You can manage multiple Instagram pages, automate your following, unfollowing, commenting, direct messaging, and manage your Instagram DMs and schedule content all from your desktop.
You’ll also have access to AiGrow’s newest feature, auto pods, which guarantee more authentic Likes and comments from people in and around your community every time you post.