This post focuses on how to see who follows you on Facebook. Keeping track of your Facebook followers is essential, especially if you plan to leverage Facebook to promote your brand or business. After all, your Facebook followers are your real fans. Your Facebook followers are your warm leads who can turn into your loyal customers and boost your revenues and sales.
Thus, you can share interactive Facebook posts about your business with your Facebook followers and increase your online brand awareness.
How to see who follows me on Facebook? Or who am I following on Facebook? These are the most common questions that most Facebook users worldwide ask themselves. Although Facebook has made it possible to see who follows you, most Facebook users have difficulty finding this ‘Following’ feature, primarily because of its confusing interface. But we are here to answer these questions and assist you as best as possible.
Here is everything you need to know about how to see who’s following you on Facebook on the web and mobile app. By following this step-by-step guide, you will see the information and effectively adjust your settings to get the most significant benefit from Facebook. Are you ready to get started?
Boost Your knowledge on Instagram: How to Get More Followers on Instagram [In-Depth Guide]
Following on Facebook: What Does It Mean?
Before learning how to see who follows you on Facebook, let’s answer the question, “what is following on Facebook?”
You don’t need to be friends with someone on Facebook to have their posts show up in your News Feed. Therefore, when you follow someone who isn’t your friend, their public posts will also appear in your Feed as if they were your Facebook friends.
Additionally, if you allow others to follow you on Facebook, your public posts will show up in your followers’ News Feeds, even if you aren’t friends with them on the media. It includes the photos and posts you upload yourself and the comments you leave on other people’s public posts. And you may not even be aware of it unless you learn how to see who follows you on Facebook and whom you’re following.
Boost Your Knowledge on Facebook: The Essential Guide to Facebook Ad Strategy Every Marketer Should Know.
How Do I See Who Is Following Me on Facebook on Mac/Windows
Please follow the steps below to learn how to see who is following you on Facebook:
- Go to your ‘Friends’ tab and choose the ‘More’ section.
- Click on ’Followers.’
- If you click on ‘Followers,’ you can see your Facebook followers list. That is it. Now, you have learned how to see followers on Facebook.
4. At this point, you can send a friend request to your Facebook followers, if they haven’t disabled this feature, to grow your page audience and engagement on the platform. Facebook will also show you any mutual friends you may have. Therefore, you can find out how you are connected and why this Facebook followers list has started following you on the platform.
If you look at your Facebook followers list, you will see a Follow button next to the name of the people who allow you to follow them. Click to follow them. However, if they don’t let you follow them, you will see an ‘Add Friend’ button to send them a friend request.
Boost Your Knowledge on Facebook: 19 Best Facebook Ad Examples For Professional Marketers to take your business to new heights.
How to Find Out Who’s Following You on Facebook on Android/iPhone
In this section, you’ll learn how to see who follows you on Facebook using the Facebook mobile app. First, if you are interested in knowing how to see followers on Facebook mobile, launch the Facebook app on your app. Then, follow the steps below to find out ‘who’s following me on Facebook through my mobile device?’
- Go to your Facebook profile page using your mobile device. To do this, tap your profile picture icon in the upper left corner of the homepage to load your profile.
- Tap on ‘See Your About Info.’
- Now, you can see additional information. If you scroll down to the bottom, you will see your Facebook followers section.
- Tap on the See All button to view your complete Facebook followers list.
Following the steps above, you learned how to see followers on Facebook mobile 2023. In this way, you will get an idea of the number of people who have followed or unfollowed you on Facebook over time.
Boost Your Knowledge on Social Media: Top 10 Social Media Monitoring Tools Marketers Need
How to Find Out Who’s Following You on Facebook Pages
If you’ve ever asked yourself, ‘how do I see my followers on Facebook pages?’ You’re in the right place to get the answer you need. Apart from the people who ‘like’ your Facebook pages, you can also see your followers. Note that Facebook users can choose to follow your page without liking it. More precisely, Facebook users can like your Facebook page without following it, or they can follow you but not like your page.
Please continue reading this instruction if you wonder, ‘How can I see who follows me on Facebook pages?’
- Open your Facebook and go to ‘Pages.’
- Open the Facebook page you created.
- Scroll down to find the section to see your statistics, likes, and reach.
4. If you want to see who follows your page, visit your ‘Settings’ located in the top-right corner and click on it.
5. In the left-hand menu, select ‘People and Other Pages.’
- That is it. Now, you can see a list of people who liked or followed your Facebook page.
Boost Your Knowledge on Facebook: How to Download Facebook Photos
I can’t see who follows me on Facebook. Why?
If you have followed the steps on how to see who is following you on Facebook mobile apps but still can’t see them, maybe your app is outdated. Therefore, go to the App Store or Google Play to update it.
Another reason for not knowing how to see who follows you on Facebook is that you don’t have any followers. As a result, the steps above will not allow you to check your followers since there are none. Note that if your Facebook account is new, you may not have any (non-friend) followers yet.
Another possibility is that your account is not set up to allow people to follow you on Facebook. Therefore, you will have no way of knowing how to see who is following you on Facebook. The following section describes how to change this setting.
Boost Your Knowledge on TikTok: How to Use Tiktok as a Marketer [The Best Guide]
How to Allow the Public to Follow Your Facebook Account
If you’ve disallowed the public from following you, then, you won’t know how to see who follows you on Facebook. This setting can limit your chances of gaining more Facebook followers because people who are not on your friends’ list will not be able to follow your Facebook profile or pages. However, you can change your privacy setting to ‘Public’ to allow anyone to follow you instead of just your friends.
Facebook users can see your account’s public posts by enabling this feature. Additionally, your public posts can be sent to anyone’s newsfeed even if he’s not your friend on Facebook.
Some people may want to disable this feature on their personal accounts, which they wish to share only with their family members or close friends. Therefore it is entirely up to you to enable or disable it based on your privacy concerns. Nevertheless, this ‘follow’ feature is helpful for public figures and business owners. It is important to note that you need more than friends on Facebook if you want to grow your business or brand there. Thus, we highly recommend activating it. Here’s how:
Allow Others to Follow Your Facebook Account on Desktop:
- Click on your profile and go to Settings & Privacy. Then, click on Settings.
- Click on ‘Public Posts’ from the sidebar.
- Find ‘Who Can Follow Me.’
- Change ‘Friends’ to ‘Public’ to let anyone follow you, including those who aren’t your friends on Facebook.
Allow the Public to Follow You on the Facebook Mobile App:
- Touch the picture icon on your Facebook mobile app to open your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal dots next to Edit Profile
- Select Follow Settings.
- Under ‘Who Can Follow Me,’ select ‘Public.’ Now that you have enabled this setting on your phone, follow the steps we discussed earlier on how to see who follows you on Facebook mobile apps.
Boost Your Knowledge on Social Media: How To Hide Who You Follow On Instagram? [The Best 2022 Solutions]
FAQs on How to See Who Follows You On Facebook
This section provides definitive answers to some frequently asked questions concerning how to see who is following you on Facebook. Why not take a moment to explore some of them?
1. How to See Who Follows You On Facebook Marketplace?
You can follow a seller on the Facebook marketplace platform without sending a friend request. Accordingly, you’ll receive notifications when they post new listings. You’ll also see their listings in your News Feed.
How to Follow Someone on the Facebook marketplace?
- Go to your Facebook marketplace.
- Locate a listing from the person you wish to follow.
- Click on the seller’s name.
- Then select Follow.
How to See Who Follows You On Facebook Marketplace?
- Click on your Facebook Marketplace icon.
- Tap (Your Account). Next, tap Marketplace profile.
- Select Followers.
How to Unfollow Someone from Facebook Marketplace?
- Go to your Facebook marketplace
- Click on
- Select Following.
- Click on the name of the person you want to unfollow.
- Click Following.
2. How Can I See a More Detailed View of My Facebook Followers?
Besides checking your Facebook followers list, you can go to Insights on Facebook for a more detailed view of your followers. To see your Insights on the Facebook app, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click on ‘Pages.’
- Then, tap Insights on the top of your Page.
- Next, tap the Followers tab. The Insights will show you how you got the followers, how many followers you have, who unfollowed you, how your page has evolved, the demographics of your followers, and so forth.
3. Facebook Friends and Followers: What’s the Difference?
In general, Facebook friends are people you know personally. If you become friends with someone on Facebook, you will automatically and mutually follow each other.
Those you follow are people you’re interested in, even if they’re not in your real-life circle of friends. Following is usually a one-way and least visible relationship that serves as a less intense relationship. Moreover, your Facebook followers can simply follow your profile or page without liking them.
However, this difference depends mainly on your Facebook privacy settings and how much access you give them to interact with your posts. While Facebook friends are for close connections, Facebook followers allow you to reach a wider audience and gain more online popularity.
Boost Your Knowledge on Social Media: Social Media Image Sizes and Specs [A Complete Guide]
4. When I Click to Follow Someone on Facebook But Don’t Send a Friend Request, Will They Get a Notification that I’m Following them?
In fact, yes. Furthermore, as already stated, you can only see the posts if they have set their setting to ‘Public’ mode.
5. How Can I Follow Someone on Facebook Without Becoming a Friend?
To do so, click the ‘Follow’ button located on their Timeline page. If there is no ‘Follow’ button available, it means that their privacy settings prevent non-friends from following them. Therefore you don’t have any other choice but to send them a friend request first. If they accept your request, you will be able to follow them.
6. How to Block a Follower on Facebook?
If you don’t want a particular person to follow you, you can block or restrict them on Facebook.
- On Facebook’s website or mobile app, find the profile of the person you want to block or restrict.
- Tap the three dots under their name.
- Tap Block in the Manage menu, then confirm.
7. How to Get More Followers on Facebook?
After how to see who is following you on Facebook, you may well be interested in knowing how to increase your Facebook followers.
- Run Facebook ads
- Invite people to like your page
- Host effective contests and giveaways
- Publish Facebook viral posts
- Experience new features in your social media content strategy, like Facebook live videos or Facebook Reels
- Cooperate with the right influencers in your niche
- Get Tagged by other Facebook Pages that have similar audiences to you or are somewhat related to your business.
- Take the time to engage with your Facebook followers and keep them satisfied with your page.
- Use strategic hashtags in your content to increase your Facebook followers.
- Add the address of your Facebook page to your website.
We listed the top 10 ways to increase your Facebook followers here. In addition to the methods above, if you know of any other helpful methods for gaining more Facebook followers, we would appreciate you sharing them with us. In the coming updates, we will add them to the list.
Final Note: How to See Who You Follow on Facebook
This post tried to answer your question on ‘how to see who is following me on Facebook?’ Your Facebook followers are warm leads that are more likely to attend or make a purchase. Moreover, they help you reach more people and grow your audience further on the platform. In short, your Facebook following is a good metric to see how successful your Facebook business page is.
Hopefully, after reading this guide, you have the answer to the question, ‘how do I see who is following my Facebook profile and pages on the desktop or mobile apps?’ Also, you should now know how to change your Facebook setting to the public to let others follow you on Facebook and grow your social media following. Or, you can reverse the process to turn off the ability for people to follow you.
However, make sure the setting best suits your needs and privacy preferences. And feel free to change it if you are not comfortable with the current setting.