Today, Instagram is more than just a social media platform to share personal photos and videos with your friends and family members. Right now, scrolling up and down on Instagram, you’ll see great shoppable posts that allow you to purchase whatever you need through the Instagram app, amazing food recipes, and even informative posts about science. So, sometimes you may want to save some of these posts in order to get back to them later and use the information mentioned in the post. Luckily, Instagram has a feature that enables you to save posts and even create collections to categorize the saved posts. But if you are a PC user, the story is slightly different. So, here I am to show you how to organize Instagram collections on a desktop.
Before going to see how to add Instagram collections on a desktop, delete saved posts and organize them properly, let’s see how are these done using the official Instagram app on mobile.
You May Also be Interested in:
- How to preview Instagram Posts, Stories, Grid, and Bio?
- Instagram Stock Photos: How to Directly Publish Them?
- Mass Delete Instagram Posts All At Once
How to Organize Instagram Saved Posts and Collections on Mobile?
Saving posts on the official Instagram app is really easy. When you see a post that you like and want to save it for a later time, just tap on the “save” button. As you see in the picture below, right after saving, an item appears that allows you to save the intended post in one of your previously created collections, or even add a new collection.
Editing and organizing the posts in a collection is also really easy. All you have to do is to follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram profile and tap on the three lines icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, tap on “Saved”.
- Here, you see all your collections. Just tap on the collection you want to edit and then, tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Finally, tap on “Select …” and choose all the posts you want to remove from a collection and/or move to another collection.
Additionally, Instagram allows you to delete a whole collection just with one click. To do so, do the followings:
- After taking the first 3 steps you did when removing specific posts from a collection, tap on the “Edit Collection” button.
- Here, you have the opportunity to change the collection’s cover photo, edit the name, and delete the collection.
That’s it! As you see, using the official mobile app, organizing saved posts and collections is really easy! But how can these be done using a PC? Let’s see!
How to Save Pictures on Instagram on Pc?
Luckily, when you are scrolling Instagram feed on your PC, you can save the posts you want just as easily as you did on your mobile. You just have to click on the save button and it will be saved in your general collection.
Just note that here, you don’t have the option to save the intended post in a specific collection. But no worries! Jump into the next section to see how to organize Instagram collections on a desktop.
Organize Instagram Collections on Desktop
Fortunately, you can access your saved posts and collections on the Instagram desktop version. In this case, you just have to go to your profile and open the saved section, and then, you see your saved posts and collections as follows:
This is great! But unluckily, here you don’t have any chances to edit the existing collections, add new collections, and even delete them. But no worries! Using a third-party app like AiSchedul, you can simply do all these tasks for free. Actually, AiSchedul has a monitoring app by which you can track and monitor hashtags, accounts, mentions, and tags. Using this tool, you’ll be able to view posts and stories without following people on Instagram, repost them if needed, and save them for a later time. To do this, just follow these simple steps:
- Sign up for free on AiSchedul and add your Instagram accounts.
- Go to your dashboard and under the “Posts and Scheduling” tap, go to the monitoring tool.
- Here, after adding all the accounts and hashtags you want to track, you see new posts shared on Instagram. Right below the post, click on “Save”.
- Finally, you’ll be asked to add the chosen post to an existing bucket or a new one that is the same as Instagram collections.
That’s it! Whenever you needed the saved posts, just head to the “Saved Media” section and access all the buckets, posts, and stories.
How to Delete Saved Posts on Instagram on a PC?
Using the Instagram desktop version, to remove a specific post from a collection, you just have to open the intended post and click on the “save” button to unsave it. However, as mentioned above, you don’t have the possibility of deleting an existing collection on Instagram desktop. But hopefully, AiSchedul allows you to do so. For this, just go to the “Saved Media” section, and right next to the intended collection, click on “Delete This Bucket”.
Also, you can delete saved posts one by one by clicking on the “Delete” button.
How to Download Instagram Saved Posts?
As you may already know, Instagram doesn’t allow users to repost any content directly using the official app or even download whatever they need! But there’s no need to worry. AiSchedul helps you with this issue as well. All you have to do is to click on the “Repost” button below the desired saved post. Now, you can either repost it on your account or download the photos and videos on your device to use on other social channels. So, go give it a try for free right now!
Why Do Instagram Saved Posts Disappear and How to Fix it?
Sometimes you may notice that Instagram saved posts have disappeared. Well, this may have a few specific reasons:
- The post is deleted by the owner,
- The account is changed to a private one,
- You have been blocked by the owner,
- The account you saved a post from has temporarily deactivated their account,
- Or Instagram removed the post due to the community guidelines.
Actually, there’s not much you can do to solve this problem in most cases. However, to make sure you are not missing any important data, you can download the posts you wanted to save using the trick mentioned in the previous section.
To sum it up, saving Instagram posts can help you access your needed information whenever you want and by categorizing them using Instagram collections, you can reach them much easier. However, using the official Instagram desktop version you cannot edit your saved posts and collections. So, read this article to see how you can manage and organize Instagram saved posts and collections on a desktop.