Instagram Stories have risen in popularity recently. People check the Stories to get updated on their beloved brands or competitors’ Instagram daily feed. As a result, many Instagram marketers make most of the stories and try to spice them up. So it is essential to know how to change the background of Instagram stories to make them more eye-catching.
There are many creative ways to use Instagram Stories. As much as your Stories are absorbing, your feed will get more hits, and your engagement rate will increase. Therefore, the composition of images and colors in your stories will make them stand out better.
If you have no clue how to change background on Instagram Story, stay with me.
How to Change Background on Instagram Story
There are various ways to keep Instagram Stories viewers engaged, one of which is by changing the Instagram Story Background.
You can take your pictures or find the background image from free stock sites such as unsplash.com and download it to your phone.
Then if you are wondering how to change the background on the Instagram story, go through the steps below:
- Go to Stories
- To see your Camera Roll, swipe up.
- Then, pick your favorite background.
- Finally, add it to your Story.
How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story
When you start posting on the Instagram story, it has a default color. So you can change the background color to the one you desire.
In this case, to find out how to change background color on Instagram story, follow the instruction below:
- Go to Stories
- Take a photo or video
- Pick the brush icon to get started
- Select a color from the available options
- Tap and hold your screen for some seconds
- Now, you applied the new background to your Story.
?Tip: If you do not like color, press on any color for a few seconds. Now, a rainbow palette will pop up, where you can choose the color your like.
How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story to a Color Gradient
In some cases, you can change the Instagram story background to a color gradient for better results. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Open your Instagram story and take a picture
2. Click on the Aa icon for more editing options
3. Tap the circle in the bottom right corner to cycle through background gradients.
4. From here, you can also add text, stickers, shoutouts, GIFs, templates, polls, questions, donations, countdowns, or quizzes via creative options at the bottom.
How to Change Background on Instagram Story and Add An Image to It
In this section, you will learn how to change the background color on the Instagram story and add an image on top of it.
However, with an all-in-one Instagram management service like AiSchedul, you can directly upload a photo to your story and immediately change the background color. If you need help, you can search other websites and choose a suitable background. If you like warmth and positivity, opt for a yellow background that best symbolizes those two traits.
Anyway, to change the background color and add an image to it, simply follow the instruction below one by one:
- Go to Stories
- Take a picture
- Then, pick the brush for highlighting.
- Select a color
- Tap and hold your screen for some seconds
- Now, you apply a new color to your background.
- Go to your pictures.
- Select the ‘Copy photo’ for the one you want to use
- Then, go back to Stories; you will see a pop-up showing you the copied photo on the bottom left of your screen.
How to Change Background color on Instagram Story on a PC
AiSchedul is an Instagram management tool that schedules your Instagram Stories on PC for free. This app is one of the safest and most comfortable Instagram marketing tools that let you manage your account at your laptop’s convenience.
Unfortunately, the Instagram official app does not provide its users to run their accounts on the Desktop. Therefore, using AiSchedul, you can ditch the tiny screen of your mobile phone.
If you are interested in knowing how to change the background on Instagram Story, AiSchedul provides fast and facile features to help you get more followers on Instagram and enhance your engagement rate on the platform. Also, this app will grant you Instagram Story templates, and you can edit Instagram Stories after publishing.
To change background on Instagram story from PC, go through the following steps:
- Sign up for the AiSchedul app.
- Insert your account of Instagram.
- Click ‘Manage Account.’
- Then, select ‘POSTS & SCHEDULING.’
- Click ‘Schedule,’ then pick ‘Story.’
- Drag and drop or add multiple images to your story
7. To change the background, tap on the photo and choose a background.
8. Select ‘Solid Color’ if you want to know how to change the background color. Finally, click on ‘Save.’
10. You can pick ‘Post Now’ or select ‘Post in Future’ to arrange the date and time of publishing your Story.
This app also offers the best solutions if your Instagram Stories are not working. Moreover, if you can’t add music to the Instagram Story, using AiSchedul, you will fix it and won’t face such issues anymore.
Above all, this app lets you post long videos on Instagram Story, Feed, & IGTV.
Remarkably, all these features are free! So, sign up for free and build your solid Instagram story.
FAQs on How to Change Background on Instagram Story
Now, let’s answer some of your frequently asked questions on the topic.
Q1. What Are the Benefits of Knowing How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story?
Learning how to change the background of your Instagram story helps
1. Increase your engagement rate
2. Get more clicks; By knowing how to change the Instagram Story background color, you can make your story unique and get the attention of IG viewers who swiped over to your story.
3. It can better showcase your creativity to your fans.
Q2. How to Make your Instagram story background Transparent?
First, let me explain what transparent backgrounds are. A transparent background has some faded images in the background that allows what is behind it to be seen. In other words, you see the background and what lies beneath. It’s like when someone wears a thin white. So, colors merge together.
This method is useful if you want to add a relevant background photo behind the text that is going to be the focus of your post.
If you wish to do so, follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram story and choose a picture
- Tap on the brush icon.
- Press on any color you want and tap the screen for a few seconds to get a transparent Instagram story background.
- Once you’re done, add any text or sticker that you want and post it.
Q3. Why Do I Not See the Icons and Features Discussed in This Article to Change Instagram Story Background?
If you don’t see the icons or features outlined in this article, you should go to the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play store (for Android) to update your Instagram app!
Final Words on How to Change Background on Instagram Story
Stories are the best feature of the Instagram platform. They make you more visible and boost your brand awareness. On the other hand, changing the Instagram Story background color grants you new ideas to make your stories rise. Above all, hiring a potent app like AiSchedul will help you do all the tasks you need more quickly and easily.
And make sure to check out more of our articles to boost your Instagram knowledge
- 10 Best Instagram Followers Apps for Organic Instagram Growth
- Linktree Alternative: Myurls. bio [100% Free]
- Use This 1000 Free Instagram Followers Trial for Real Followers
- How to Mass DM on Instagram [+Free Instagram Bulk Message Sender]
- 10 Best Unfollow Apps for Instagram 2021
- Best Instagram Giveaway Picker and Contest Apps
- How to Share a YouTube Video on Instagram [August 2021 Update]
- Know and Beat Instagram’s Daily Limits: 2021 Update
- How to Mass Delete Instagram Posts [+Free Instagram Post Deleter]