With its large user base and exciting features, Instagram is a platform that allows people and businesses to showcase their content to a large audience. A joint Instagram account is one feature that can help businesses or individuals share posts more effectively.
Sharing a joint Instagram account means having multiple accesses to a single IG account from different devices and locations. This helps individuals, businesses, and influencers share their accounts with their Instagram manager and other marketing team members to manage them better.
While a shared Instagram account can have benefits, it also comes with troubles! In this article, we will explore the concept of an Instagram joint account, its benefits, how to share an Instagram account, manage shared Instagram accounts.
Hold on tight because this post will be a big assistance to you.
Note: Using the best Instagram growth service, you can hire a manager for your business account and effectively lower the substantial workload associated with account management.
What Is An Instagram Joint Account?
While many people maintain personal accounts on Instagram, there is also a growing trend of using joint accounts to collaborate and share content with others. An Instagram joint account, as the name suggests, is an account that is jointly owned and managed by multiple individuals or entities.
You might be using Instagram for business, where a couple of team members must work on the Instagram account simultaneously to catch up with posting strategies, answer comments, and do other advertising activities. A shared Instagram account allows two or more users to share the responsibility of creating, curating, and publishing content on a single profile.
You can add admin to your shared Instagram account. This collaborative approach enables teams, couples, friends, or business partners to manage Instagram accounts and build a cohesive online presence.
Additionally, a joint Instagram account is helpful if you and your spouse are looking for a safe way to share your child’s pics on his or her Instagram from each of your devices. This potential also allows multiple influencers to create content for the same profile simultaneously.
Can You Have Multiple Users on One Instagram Account?
Instagram does not officially support multiple users on a single Instagram account. However, it has constantly been developing new features to benefit businesses. However, some workarounds can be used to share access to an Instagram account with multiple users:
1. Sharing Account Credentials
If you ask how to have multiple users on one Instagram account easily, this is the simplest way. You can share an Instagram account’s login credentials (username and password) with trusted individuals, allowing them to log in and manage the account.
However, this method has limitations and potential risks, such as difficulty in coordinating activities, security concerns, and the potential for conflicts if multiple users try to access the account simultaneously.
2. Instagram’s Accounts Center
Instagram’s Accounts Center empowers users to manage connected experiences across their Facebook, Instagram, and Meta accounts. To create a joint Instagram account using this method, both parties must log in with the same username and password.
This allows multiple people to manage the account, such as uploading posts, communicating with followers, and monitoring and managing direct messages.
This feature may have some drawbacks. For example, users should log into all the accounts from a single location and share all their accounts.
Additionally, users synchronize various details, including their name, profile picture, username, avatar, shopping activity, and more, across their connected accounts.
So, if you don’t want to share all these things, try the next method to have a better experience of a shared account on Instagram.
3. How to Make a Shared Instagram Account Using Meta Business Suite
As for your case, Instagram allows you to Manage roles on a shared Instagram account by leveraging the Facebook account manager.
If you intend to collaborate with clients on Facebook or Instagram and need to handle multiple accounts effortlessly, Meta Business Suite provides a built-in solution for businesses.
This allows more than one user to manage an account, although the user experience may be somewhat lacking. So, If you have a verified business, with a little bit of hassle, you can set up a joint Instagram account and add people to your business manager as an editor or page developer and manage their roles.
To include a user in Meta Business Suite or add a Business Manager, follow these steps:
- Open the drop-down menu and select Business Settings.
- Navigate to People under the Users section in the left-hand menu.
- Click the blue Add button in the page’s top right corner.
- Enter the email address of the person you wish to add and choose their role from the drop-down menu.
- You can also specify access and permissions to enhance the security of your accounts.
When you add multiple Instagram accounts, you can switch between them without having to log out and log back in. If you want to know other ways on how to have multiple users on one Instagram account, keep reading.
2. Third-Party Tools
Some third-party tools offer features for managing multiple users on a single Instagram account. These tools usually require granting them access to your account, and they may have limitations or be against Instagram’s terms of service. It’s important to research and choose reputable tools, read reviews, and ensure they comply with Instagram’s policies.
AiGrow is the best Instagram management service for managing numerous accounts and accessing various users from a single account. You may employ an Instagram manager and use tools like a scheduler, IG hashtag generation, and analytics with AiGrow.
Instagram is primarily designed as a platform for individual users, intended for each account to be associated with a single person or entity. If you don’t use the account manager, Instagram will ban (or even remove) your account as soon as suspicious activity is detected from multiple devices/locations.
Note: It’s worth noting that Instagram’s policies and features can change over time. Therefore, it’s recommended to refer to the latest Instagram guidelines and terms of service for the most up-to-date information on managing multiple users on a single Instagram account.
How to Share an Instagram Account?
To set up an Instagram joint account, you should first make a business account. To create a shared Instagram account, follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to your profile and click the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Locate and choose ‘Settings.’
- Select “Switch to Professional Account, then select ‘Continue.’
- Select the appropriate category for your company, then click ‘Done.’
- Then, click ‘OK’ to confirm your selection.
After that, you should link your IG to your Facebook account. Then you can edit page roles by opening the business manager settings and finding the ‘People’ section. From here, add the individuals you want to give Instagram access to or click ‘Add New People’ to grant them access.
After you’ve linked the two accounts, you can assign roles to them. For example, Page Admin, Page Moderator, or Page Editor. This is how to share an Instagram account without getting suspended or blocked.
How to Create a Joint Account on Instagram without Having a Business Account?
If you don’t want to get into the hassle of verifying your business and dealing with the Facebook account manager, there are still solutions for you. People are talking about the problem all around Quora and Reddit, and some solutions have been suggested:
#1 Use AiGrow to Manage Your Joint Instagram Account
In addition to giving staff access to your Instagram business account and Facebook Page, you may grant them access to your accounts by using an account manager.
Using AiGrow, you can still have users log into your Instagram account directly to reply to comments and have someone working on and scheduling posts while utilizing one of these account managers without risking getting into problems and having your account suspended.
All of the managers you receive from AiGrow are professionals on Instagram and handle your account round-the-clock for just $1 per day. Additionally, AiGrow has a money-back guarantee, and if you’re not happy with it, you can cancel. To learn all there is to know about this service, read this AiGrow review.
You may ask, is AiGrow safe? Yes, it is. When you connect your Instagram account to your dashboard on AiGrow, you will get a dedicated IP proxy that will remain constant in your account. So, all your posting activities, like other growth activities, will occur from the same IP address, and Instagram will never become aware that you are sharing the account. So there is no concern that your account will get banned or removed.
#2 Use a Scheduler to Share Access to Your Joint Instagram Account
A safe and easy way to share access to a joint Instagram account is to use Instagram management apps. It comes with some cool features like:
- Free Instagram scheduler,
- Repost feature,
- All-in-one bio link tool,
- Create a bio link page with multiple links, buttons, and URLs attached to your posts and stories.
- Generate Email leads with the ‘Contact Me’ form.
- Run automated giveaways and contests.
- Repost your mentions with the ease of a click.
Benefits of a Joint Instagram Account
A joint Instagram account can offer several benefits, depending on the context and purpose of the account. Here are some potential advantages:
- Shared Memories: A joint Instagram account allows multiple individuals, such as friends, couples, or family members, to collectively document and preserve their shared experiences and memories in one place. It becomes a digital scrapbook of moments that can be revisited and cherished by everyone involved.
- Collaborative Content: Joint accounts can facilitate collaboration and creativity among multiple contributors. Each person can bring their unique perspective, skills, and interests to the account, resulting in a diverse range of content. This can be particularly useful for businesses or organizations where different team members can contribute their expertise.
- Increased Reach and Engagement: A joint account can potentially have a larger combined audience by pooling followers from different individuals. This can lead to increased engagement and reach as followers from each individual’s network get exposed to the content posted on the joint account. It can also be an effective strategy for influencers or content creators looking to expand their reach.
- Division of Responsibilities: With a joint account, the workload can be shared among multiple individuals. Each person can take turns managing the account, creating content, responding to comments, and engaging with followers. This can help alleviate the burden on a single person and ensure consistent activity on the account.
- Strengthened Bonds: For couples or close-knit groups, a joint Instagram account can serve as a symbol of unity and togetherness. It can strengthen the bond between the individuals involved, fostering a sense of shared identity and collaboration.
- Streamlined Communication: Joint accounts can be useful in situations where multiple individuals need to communicate or share updates with a specific audience. It can be particularly relevant for businesses or organizations that want to provide a unified presence and receive inquiries or feedback in a centralized manner.
It’s important to note that the benefits of a joint Instagram account may vary depending on the specific circumstances and the goals of the individuals involved. It’s essential to communicate and establish clear guidelines and expectations to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for everyone using the account.
Disadvantages of a Joint Instagram Account
While joint Instagram accounts can have their benefits, they may also come with some disadvantages. Here are a few potential drawbacks to consider:
- Lack of Privacy: Sharing an account means that multiple individuals have access to the same content, messages, and followers. This can compromise individual privacy, as personal messages or interactions may be seen by others. It’s important to establish boundaries and guidelines to maintain privacy within the joint account.
- Creative Differences: When multiple individuals contribute to a joint account, there’s a possibility of creative differences or conflicting visions for the content. Disagreements may arise regarding the type of content to post, captions, filters, or overall aesthetic. It requires effective communication and compromise to ensure that everyone feels satisfied with the account’s direction.
- Inconsistent Posting and Engagement: Joint accounts can face challenges in maintaining a consistent posting schedule and engagement with followers. If the individuals involved have different priorities or availability, it can lead to irregular activity on the account, which may result in decreased engagement or interest from followers.
- Potential for Conflict: Collaborating on a joint account can sometimes lead to interpersonal conflicts, especially if there are disagreements or differences in expectations. This can strain relationships and cause tension among the individuals involved. It’s important to establish open lines of communication and resolve conflicts in a respectful and timely manner.
Additionally, you might not be able to view every story or post that your friends upload on Instagram if you utilize a shared account. since your partner has viewed the stories or refreshed the feed. So, what is an Alternative to a Shared Instagram account?
What Is the Alternative to a Shared Instagram Account?
Instagram collaboration posts, often referred to as IG collab posts, are a fantastic way for users to join forces and create engaging content together. You may quickly utilize this function to create content and publish it on many accounts on Instagram, saving you the hassle of creating posts on a joint Instagram account.
But remember this method can’t be used if you want to fully manage an Instagram account. So, re-read this post to find the best way how to have multiple users on one Instagram account!
In conclusion, an Instagram joint account offers a collaborative approach to managing and optimizing your online presence. By following best practices, coordinating content and strategy, engaging with your audience, and leveraging the platform’s features, you can effectively grow your joint account and create a vibrant community. So, gather your team or partners and embark on a shared Instagram journey to showcase your creativity, connect with your audience, and achieve your goals.
Managing an Instagram account only by one person might not be a good choice for your business. To fully benefit from Instagram marketing, sometimes, you need several people to manage your account. Apps like AiGrow can greatly help you to use Instagram to its full potential without getting banned by Instagram.
1. Can I convert my existing personal Instagram account into a joint account?
Yes, you can add users to your existing Instagram account and convert it into a joint account.
2. How many users can be added to an Instagram joint account?
Instagram allows you to add up to 20 users to a joint account.
3. Can I restrict certain users from accessing specific account features?
Yes, as the account administrator, you have the ability to assign different roles and permissions to each user, restricting their access to certain features if needed.
4. What happens if a user leaves the joint account?
If a user leaves the joint account, their access can be revoked by the account administrator. It’s important to regularly review and update permissions to maintain account security.
5. Can I still use Instagram analytics and insights for a joint account?
Yes, Instagram provides analytics and insights for joint accounts, allowing you to track important metrics and measure the performance of your content.