¿Buscas la versión en español? léelo aquí
Instagram now boasts over a billion users, yet Instagram messages on computer is still a feature that eludes the majority of Instagram users. Most users are still required to send, receive and manage their Instagram DMs from their phone.
This isn’t a huge problem if you’re a smaller, personal account, but if you are sending and receiving hundreds of DMs a day, managing it all from your phone can be a real hassle.
Fortunately, like anything, there are workarounds.
Here are 4 different ways you can send Instagram messages on computer:
If you want to send Instagram DMs online with a Mac (or other desktops), you’re going to have to use a 3rd-party tool like AiGrow.
Unlike other desktop messaging apps, AiGrow doesn’t require any download to work. Simply visit the website, create an account, add your Instagram account, and you’re done.
Once you’re logged in, you will have full access to your Instagram inbox and be able to manage your DMs just as you would if you were on your phone. To give you a sense of how easy it is, have a peek at the 30-second video below:
With AiGrow, you can:
- send messages
- respond to messages
- filter your inbox to show read, unread, or sent messages
- attach images to your DMs
- search for messages from individual channels
Plus, if you have one message that you’d like to send to a large number of your followers, you can even automate the process. Just craft your message, choose to whom you’d like to send the message to (new followers, a custom list of followers, etc.), hit “Start”, and AiGrow will begin automatically sending out your message until it is sent to all desired recipients (or until you tell it to stop).
Bluestacks is one the most popular and most used apps in recent times. Basically, it is a virtual platform that allows you to access android apps via your computer. It is also called an android emulator.
Essentially, BlueStacks just takes the mobile Instagram experience and emulates it on your computer.
How to Install BlueStacks:
The procedure to install BlueStacks and access Instagram is as follows:
- Download and install BlueStacks on your computer from internet.
- After installing, launch the application on your computer.
- A virtual android emulator is opened on your PC.
- Now search the Instagram app in the search bar of virtual platform.
- Find the app and install it.
- Once Instagram is installed, launch the application.
- Enter your username and password and you will be directed to new feed.
- You will find a direct icon on the top right corner of the new feed.
- Click on that icon and you will be able to see your previous DMs.
- You will also be able to send new DMs.
BlueStacks is one of the easiest ways to send Instagram messages on computer.
If you are using Windows 10 operating system then you don’t need BlueStacks. Windows 10 has introduced an Instagram app that provides desktop access to all of Instagram’s normal features.
Steps to install Instagram on Windows 10:
On windows 10, you do not need any android emulator for running Instagram. Whatever you need to do is given below:
- Open your windows store.
- Search Instagram app.
- Install this application.
- Launch this application.
- Enter your Instagram username and password and you will be on your new feed.
- A direct icon would appear on the top right corner of the new feed (similar to the one on your Instagram mobile app)
- This icon will take you to the DMs.
This app is a free app available on Window 10 operating system.
It’s a stand-alone messaging app that allows you send Instagram messages on computer.
You can access all the features of DMs, such as private messages, photos, disappearing photos, messages on Stories, and unsending direct message.
While we await Instagram’s release of an official Instagram DM experience for computer, the above tools are your best options.